2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: I moved my fish now they appear dead  (Read 1033 times)

Offline Oger4450

• Egg
I moved my fish now they appear dead
« on: March 24, 2012, 08:08:36 »
This morning I transported my Niger trigger , huma huma trigger , brown grouper and a damsel back to my house which is about a mile away. I used a big tub and put alot of the water from the tank they were in in the tub. From the time I put them in the tub till I got home and started the acclamation was about 15 minutes. I had a lid on the tub so they would not jump out. When I opened the lid every fish was floating except the grouper the triggers appear to have a little life but the damsel is dead. What happened?????

Offline Amstar

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Re: I moved my fish now they appear dead
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 08:58:23 »
what was the tote used for before you transported them?  maybe something was in the tote that "bleed" into the water.  test the water from the tote if you can.. see what the parameters are

Offline Viggen

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 13:14:55 »
yea... must of been something in that tub that killed them.  Transporting them 15 minutes with a lid on will not kill them, they travel for many hours in a small bag from where they are caught/shipped from.....

sorry to hear
300g tub o fish

Offline Oger4450

• Egg
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 05:06:08 »
I agree I washed the tub out with warm water before use. The brown grouper made it and the huma trigger that appeared dead came back to life but the Niger trigger and the damsel are dead. Crazy fish you just never know