2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: what goby??  (Read 3240 times)

Offline Amstar

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
what goby??
« on: March 31, 2009, 22:50:10 »
I have seafloor special grade reef sand for my tank.  I am looking for a goby or some other type of fish tha will stir my sand and keep it nice and clean.'

any ideas?

Offline pontiac2002gtp

• Adult
Re: what goby??
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 23:27:03 »
Diamond goby's are the best I have seen.

Offline jjw2121

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 07:14:53 »
Diamond goby all the way.  I have one that keeps the sand turned over very well. 

Offline UDflyer00

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 11:05:35 »
I agree, our orange spotted diamond is mad crazy when it comes to cleaning and digging holes to hide in... :)

Not to hijack your thread, but would a diamond get along with a yellow watchman??  i'd really like to get one and a pistol shrimp, but don't want to disrupt the diamond who has been in the tank for months...

Thanks,
Mark
65 g AGA - Kettering

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 17:45:05 »
Cucumbers are great to. They eat the sand all day and all night, it passes through there body and comes out nice and white. If you consider one make sure to get the sand eating not toxic or less toxic kind. Not the filer feeding. I got one from Aquarium etc... about three years ago and it is one of the best buys I have made for my reef tank. I also have a pink spot goby that picks up sand and moves it around in his mouth and spits it out. He tends to stay in a smaller area of the tank though.

Nikki what kind are those that you have. They are the coolest looking I would like to get a pair.

Offline UDflyer00

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 20:34:39 »
I'm confused what do you want to get a pair of??  I like my cucumber too.. Just not as "fast" as a goby... :D  But they do get those hard to reach places in the rockwork...

Anyone know about mixing the Orange spot and a yellow-watchman?  good or bad?
65 g AGA - Kettering