2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Ending QT Question  (Read 1475 times)

Offline ohioreef

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Founding Member
Ending QT Question
« on: April 12, 2021, 21:05:44 »
I have four clowns that have just finished up 4 weeks of copper. I have a couple weeks yet on a fallow DT, but I had a questions about the copper in the QT.

Obviously I don’t want copper in my DT, do I need to make sure the QT is down to zero copper before transferring or is it safe to move the clowns over even if it isn’t down to zero copper?

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
Re: Ending QT Question
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2021, 21:34:01 »
you can move the fish from full copper to no copper without any problem.  Just net them out of the qt and put them into the display.
Jeff

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2021, 21:43:05 »
you can move the fish from full copper to no copper without any problem.  Just net them out of the qt and put them into the display.
Jeff
Thanks!! I want to reduce the copper level some, probably with water changes.

Plan on getting a sailfin tang after I move the clowns out so I don’t want to toss it into .5 copper right off the bat.

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2021, 09:59:29 »
I always kept clowns in QT.  Most fish are not solitary creatures, I think its less stressful having a small community in QT.

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2021, 10:02:23 »
...Most fish are not solitary creatures, I think its less stressful having a small community in QT.

Hadn't really thought of that. Might have to pick up a blue tang at the same time. :)