2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Finally joined!!!  (Read 1794 times)

Offline WuDad

• Egg
Finally joined!!!
« on: February 25, 2012, 23:54:34 »
Hi. This is WuSue's Dad J.K. It was nice meeting everyone at the meeting today. I wanted to thank Brian for having us over today, and thanks again for helping me find the source of my coral decline problems. I'm going to have WuSue post some pics on here of my system before and after the decline...Been a pleasure to meet (and meet again) some of you. Looking forward to meeting and learning from all of you...Cheers!

Offline HUNGER

Re: Finally joined!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 00:13:01 »
welcome
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 00:53:10 »
Welcome J.K. It was nice meeting you today.

Offline DarinSchmidt

• darinschmidt@gmail.com
  • The wisest man knows he knows nothing at all.
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 07:10:40 »
Welcome Aboard

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 08:53:36 »
Welcome aboard!  What ended up being your coral problem?

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 09:06:58 »
Ollo

Offline The WuSue

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 11:51:29 »
Welcome pop!

Offline tidepool

• Adult
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 12:03:36 »
Welcome to the Club "Mr. Wu"  LOL!  Have you started to treat your tank for cyano yet? Just curious as to your progress as time passes.... good luck  :drink

Offline The WuSue

• Adult
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 12:25:06 »
I get the feeling that he is not going to be a major posting individual (busy guy).  We used the medication last night, and it seemed to be working well.  The cause of the problem seems to have been cyano which was caused possibly by washing the filter socks with soap instead of bleach.  We'll be switching his tank from carbon to gfo later tonight.

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 19:38:58 »
Hai.  Konnichi wa, Wu-sama.

Nice meeting you.

Kev
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 19:39:52 »
I get the feeling that he is not going to be a major posting individual (busy guy).  We used the medication last night, and it seemed to be working well.  The cause of the problem seems to have been cyano which was caused possibly by washing the filter socks with soap instead of bleach.  We'll be switching his tank from carbon to gfo later tonight.

Why switch; run both!
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline The WuSue

• Adult
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2012, 08:31:56 »
kattz を、私はアジアと思っているあなたの主張には、すべての遊園地です。ありがとうございました