2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: New to the area  (Read 2220 times)

Offline ZBaldwin

• Fry
New to the area
« on: September 13, 2012, 11:24:41 »
Hello all. I just recently moved (back) to the area from Knoxville, TN. I've had a FOWLR setup for a little over a year. We upgraded from a 70g to a 120g when we moved and are in the process of adding more livestock to fill up the vast empty spaces in this much larger system. Still getting familiar with the LFSs in the Dayton area and have found some are definitely better than others but I think we got spoiled by what we had in Knoxville, surprisingly. Glad to be here.

Offline Kenn

• Lifetime Premium Member
Re: New to the area
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 11:35:44 »
Well then, let me be the first to welcome you to Ohio Reef :)

If you get a chance check out Marine Solutions South of Centerville and north of Waynesville. Great place although a little bit of a drive and limited hours.
Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 11:43:12 »
Welcome to Ohio Reef!
Chromiumlux

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 12:10:51 »
Welcome

Offline Boonjob

• Reefkeeping: Go Broke or Go Home
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 12:16:15 »
Hello and Welcome To Ohio Reef!
God is great, Beer is good, and People are crazy...

Life is a beach, I'm just playing in the sand.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/boonjob-s-reef-tank

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 16:41:58 »
Ollo & welcome. I was just in Knoxville this spring. They had a rockin lfs there. I can't remember the name of it. But I wish we had something like that around here. So far I don't know of any like that one. But we have Marine Solutions. There is a place in Troy I like. Most important are the local reefaholics scattered about central Ohio.

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 19:28:39 »
welcome
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline ZBaldwin

• Fry
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 09:24:01 »
Ollo & welcome. I was just in Knoxville this spring. They had a rockin lfs there. I can't remember the name of it. But I wish we had something like that around here. So far I don't know of any like that one. But we have Marine Solutions. There is a place in Troy I like. Most important are the local reefaholics scattered about central Ohio.
Do you remember which part of town? 2 of them are very close to one another - The Coral Reef deals only with saltwater (fish, corals, live rock, dry goods) and the other, Aquarium Connection, is a larger store that has everything from saltwater fish/inverts to corals, freshwater fish and plants, live rock, dry rock, tanks, filtration, and a large outdoor area dedicated to ponds. Both stores are great. Very nice and clean and good selection.

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 10:04:34 »
I'm thinking it was aquarium connections. We seen it from the interstate. It sits up on a hill & there was some construction at the bottom. Had a Lil of everything.

Offline itsalifestyle

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 11:27:13 »
Welcome

Offline ZBaldwin

• Fry
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2012, 13:31:24 »
I'm thinking it was aquarium connections. We seen it from the interstate. It sits up on a hill & there was some construction at the bottom. Had a Lil of everything.
Yep. That's the store I dealt with mainly. Wonderful place.

Offline rayviv

• Here fishy, fishy.
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2012, 20:48:58 »
 :Welcome:  Glad you are here.
Ray
The mind is a wonderful servant but a dangerous master!