2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Kind of new.  (Read 2200 times)

Offline DaveG.

• Egg
Kind of new.
« on: October 08, 2013, 18:29:05 »
I used to be on this forum a couple of years ago when I was still learning about reef tanks.  Although I am never done learning, I'm done actively researching the topic.  I don't remember the username and I change email accounts often, I probably registered a message forum to a junk mail email account.  It's just something I do.

Anyway, I'm building my posts to sell my setup.  I don't trust the people I meet on facebook.  Well, except for one person who I know is on here.  I'm going to miss this hobby, but I'll get back into it when there are less moving parts in my life.

Dave

Offline bbtm64

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Re: Kind of new.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 00:15:30 »
Its always sad when I hear of someone leaving the hobby but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Good luck with whatever is going on.
Brent McCloskey

Offline Travis8896

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 07:53:04 »
Sorry to hear your getting out
"Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo

Offline Tony

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Juvenile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 10:38:01 »
Sorry to hear it man.  Best of luck with your endeavors
No escape from the underwater world.  It always pulls me back in.

150 reef project
SSI Master Diver

Offline bkvreef

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 11:04:01 »
Good Luck.  pm sent
Thanks and God Bless,
John

Offline DaveG.

• Egg
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 23:23:17 »
It doesn't seem that I am able to respond to pm's.  I will say that I have a 4 year old mandarin goby and a copperband that is over a year old.  I know these fish are hard to keep, but mine have done well.  It's why I am hesitant to sell to people on craigslist.  I have always kept lava rock in the first chamber of my 'fuge and I think it has something to do with the pods available for those fish to eat.  They don't eat the frozen food I put in there for my foxface.

There's probable 100 lbs of rock in my 6' 125 with corals growing everywhere.  I'd love to sell it all at once, but I know that isn't practical.  I would really like to sell everything alive at once, then part the rest out.  With that much rock it would be hard to catch just a single fish and I don't want to stress them out more than necessary, I'm sure people on this forum understand.

I would love to use my display tank as a refugium, reverse photo period with a deep sand bed and many bottom dwelling critters in the DSB to ensure there would always be something interesting to look at.  There's just a lot going on right now, I have to take a break.

Offline Travis8896

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 00:06:23 »
Finding a buyer for all live stock at once will be hard as many of our tanks are at least partially stocked but I will say id be interested in your coper band and what type of mandarin?
"Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 00:16:21 »
It doesn't seem that I am able to respond to pm's.  I will say that I have a 4 year old mandarin goby and a copperband that is over a year old.  I know these fish are hard to keep, but mine have done well.  It's why I am hesitant to sell to people on craigslist.  I have always kept lava rock in the first chamber of my 'fuge and I think it has something to do with the pods available for those fish to eat.  They don't eat the frozen food I put in there for my foxface.

There's probable 100 lbs of rock in my 6' 125 with corals growing everywhere.  I'd love to sell it all at once, but I know that isn't practical.  I would really like to sell everything alive at once, then part the rest out.  With that much rock it would be hard to catch just a single fish and I don't want to stress them out more than necessary, I'm sure people on this forum understand.

I would love to use my display tank as a refugium, reverse photo period with a deep sand bed and many bottom dwelling critters in the DSB to ensure there would always be something interesting to look at.  There's just a lot going on right now, I have to take a break.

Need at least 10 posts to be able to pm.

Offline DaveG.

• Egg
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013, 07:16:13 »
Mandarin Goby, looks like bbtm's profile pic.

Offline Travis8896

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2013, 09:04:37 »
Ok

Offline DaveG.

• Egg
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2013, 17:16:12 »
Finding a buyer for all live stock at once will be hard as many of our tanks are at least partially stocked but I will say id be interested in your coper band and what type of mandarin?

Found a picture of him:

Offline Travis8896

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2013, 18:44:31 »
He looks good