2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Lets see them new fish from Joels BIITB  (Read 6164 times)

Offline UDJustin

• Adult
Lets see them new fish from Joels BIITB
« on: February 28, 2011, 18:48:07 »
I know people on here got in on the BIITB special Joel ran so lets see some pics of your new fish.
If you didn't know I'm kind of a big deal...

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
Re: Lets see them new fish from Joels BIITB
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 19:52:44 »
I know people on here got in on the BIITB special Joel ran so lets see some pics of your new fish.

Where's the pics of the fish you got?  I didnt make an order since I didnt need anything, but stopped by to see the fish and left with a Sally lightfoot crab lol.  big spender :)
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline UDJustin

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 20:09:14 »
You always were the big spender
If you didn't know I'm kind of a big deal...

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 20:38:33 »
nutten special here just got chromes
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline gogators1088

• Fry
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 20:50:25 »
after they all settle in ill snap some pics tomorrow...this is such a nerve racking time for me!!!!

Offline METZCOOL

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 22:15:57 »
Slow down, I just got them put in my tank!!  :laugh:
Got me coral beauty, bicolor blennie, copperband, sixline and 800 gallon of salt mix. All doing good so far.
1.5 hour drive one way was worth it, unbeatable prices and great stock. Unable to get to alot of the meetings since most are in Dayton area, to win sponsers gift certificates.
I really appreciate these specials since saltwater stores in my area are slim to none and the ones that are have high prices.
Thanks again Joel!! :-ThumbUpsm

Offline Learning_The_Hard_Way

• Adult
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 23:54:17 »
Joel,

when is the next Buy? You never emailed me the list.

Chris

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 07:51:23 »
nutten special here just got chromes

You take those 50 extra ones he got ?? Lol

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 08:14:34 »
god no
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline yinyang

• Adult
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 13:59:44 »
here is my sailfin tang,it eating already!!
i am very happy
here is the photo:

Offline Kenn

• Lifetime Premium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2011, 14:16:28 »
Nice pic  :-ThumbUpsm
Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Offline larrynews

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2011, 14:31:50 »
here is my sailfin tang,it eating already!!
i am very happy
here is the photo:

looks great

Offline yinyang

• Adult
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2011, 14:46:45 »
looks great
thanks for the 1st i order a tang in buy in bag ,this is great!!
i drip in the bucket  for 1hr with air stone,then put him in the tank,once he is in he is like been there for years!!

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2011, 15:25:10 »
very nice
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline SnOwY

• Juvenile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2011, 19:09:03 »
here's mine. a very beautiful clown.  already in my bubble tip.

http://img34.imageshack.us/i/nemol.jpg/

Offline UDflyer00

• Adult
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2011, 16:14:12 »
I'd take some pics, but I only picked up 4 chromis', which i think either the 1 large Chromis i've had for what seems like forever, or the Niger Trigger, or the Female Clown pretty much beat up until the became a $10 snack for my green brittle star... haha.  i thought I'd help the Chromis get some friends but i guess he likes being an individual??   :th_taptaptap_sml:

I did also get a sand sifting star, but he's underground, and a Orange Diamond Goby, but he unfortunately jumped into the overflow so i now have to fish him out of there... haha
65 g AGA - Kettering

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 21:52:44 »
chromis are weird... they often die off in the first week, but if they make it a week, they usually last years...

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2011, 20:29:00 »

Offline discus513

• Adult
    • Cincinnati Club (C.A.R.E.)
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2011, 20:41:53 »
Lazy, nice fish, that is scar from Nemo! LOL what kind of fish is that?

Offline Kenn

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2011, 20:46:05 »
Very nice Moorish Idol ... Your going to run out of room soon ... I guess you will just have to give me that awesome Achilles Tang of yours I covet so much  :laugh:
Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2011, 20:48:02 »
It is a Moorish Idol. Common fish but not seen often in captivity due to low survival rate.

Ken I am a long way from running out of room. Went from a 55g to a 125g, two 75g and a 50g all connected together.

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2011, 20:55:00 »
Brian, good luck with the Moorish Idol.  I've read that the success rate is limited.  Beautiful creature.

kev
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline Kenn

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2011, 20:56:00 »
Ken I am a long way from running out of room. Went from a 55g to a 125g, two 75g and a 50g all connected together.

Oh I know  ;D     but a man can dream cant he ?  ;)

Offline buckeyereefer

• Adult
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2011, 21:53:47 »
which tank are you plannin on keeping this fish in ? it is a very nice looking fish.   

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2011, 23:30:42 »
It is a Moorish Idol. Common fish but not seen often in captivity due to low survival rate.

Get them to eat anything yet?

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2011, 23:34:15 »
I got one of the two to eat. It is eating formula one which seems to be predominantly brine shrimp. Also feeding Spectrum Pellets, Formula two, sponges and a few other things but only eating formula one right now.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2011, 13:35:05 »
Good news and bad. The moorish idol that has learned to eat prepared foods is now a absolute hog and has noticeably put on weight. It is eating everything including coraline algae, brine shrimp, flake food, spectrum pellets, rods food pretty much anything I give it. He shits when I walk in the room excited for a meal.

The bad news is I got Impatcient and started slowly bringing salinity back up in quarntine tank before the full 6 week cycle. Too soon. Moorish idol shows what looks like a bit of ick last night so now I have to go another 6 weeks in Quarntine. Sigh

Offline starfishprime

• Juvenile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2011, 14:15:07 »
yikes, glad to hear about the idol. Very very awesome. quarantine is so fun.

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2011, 19:06:45 »
thats great  and bad  hope it all works out  i hope it does i want one so bad
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2011, 19:58:43 »
He shits when I walk in the room excited for a meal.

I don't think I've ever got that excited...  Good that he's eating.
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2011, 23:48:09 »
I don't think I've ever got that excited...  Good that he's eating.

Depends on what you are bringing me to eat :)

Offline Joel

• Adult
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2011, 06:29:20 »
Contrary to the Moorish Idol's reputation, I have had pretty good luck with them several times.

They are pigs and can be taught to eat just about anything. They also can be really aggressive. They look all graceful but often are down right mean!!!

Sorry to hear about parasite issue Brian, but it sounds like you got it under control. This is the season for parasite issues though. Glad to hear it's eating so well, that is great news!!

Joel

Offline elderpnthrs38

• Fry
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2011, 22:33:31 »
Great fish