2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Lets see them new fish from Joels BIITB  (Read 6165 times)

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
Re: Lets see them new fish from Joels BIITB
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2011, 23:34:15 »
I got one of the two to eat. It is eating formula one which seems to be predominantly brine shrimp. Also feeding Spectrum Pellets, Formula two, sponges and a few other things but only eating formula one right now.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2011, 13:35:05 »
Good news and bad. The moorish idol that has learned to eat prepared foods is now a absolute hog and has noticeably put on weight. It is eating everything including coraline algae, brine shrimp, flake food, spectrum pellets, rods food pretty much anything I give it. He shits when I walk in the room excited for a meal.

The bad news is I got Impatcient and started slowly bringing salinity back up in quarntine tank before the full 6 week cycle. Too soon. Moorish idol shows what looks like a bit of ick last night so now I have to go another 6 weeks in Quarntine. Sigh

Offline starfishprime

• Juvenile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2011, 14:15:07 »
yikes, glad to hear about the idol. Very very awesome. quarantine is so fun.

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2011, 19:06:45 »
thats great  and bad  hope it all works out  i hope it does i want one so bad
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2011, 19:58:43 »
He shits when I walk in the room excited for a meal.

I don't think I've ever got that excited...  Good that he's eating.
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2011, 23:48:09 »
I don't think I've ever got that excited...  Good that he's eating.

Depends on what you are bringing me to eat :)
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline Joel

• Adult
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2011, 06:29:20 »
Contrary to the Moorish Idol's reputation, I have had pretty good luck with them several times.

They are pigs and can be taught to eat just about anything. They also can be really aggressive. They look all graceful but often are down right mean!!!

Sorry to hear about parasite issue Brian, but it sounds like you got it under control. This is the season for parasite issues though. Glad to hear it's eating so well, that is great news!!

Joel

Offline elderpnthrs38

• Fry
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2011, 22:33:31 »
Great fish