2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: todays swap  (Read 4462 times)

Offline CoralBeauties

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
todays swap
« on: April 30, 2011, 17:30:38 »
Thanks to all for todays swap.  It was just fantastic.  The new venue was also the best.  I really couldnt think of anything that I would change.  I cant imagine the work that went into getting all the raffle items.  It was like a store of products.
Great Job
Jeff

Offline Kenn

Re: todays swap
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 18:24:59 »
Thanks for making this post Jeff :)

I wanted to add my thanks and complements to all who made the swap possible this year.

It was AWESOME !!! My son and I had a great time. And the food got his official  :-ThumbUpsm

Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Offline Learning_The_Hard_Way

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 18:55:18 »
I agree thank you guys for the work, it was very well ran and laid out!  I thought the turnout was very good, good to put faces with names.

Offline Telekinesis

• Fry
  • Because we couldn't go for three
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 19:02:38 »
Agreed. Thanks to all! I had a great time. Won a few raffle gift cards, picked up some nice frags, saw some familiar faces and met some others. Great turnout. Definitely looking forward to the next one.

Offline sticks_wife

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 20:18:17 »
Swap today was GREAT! We had a great turn out. I got sidetracked at the swap, and I did not say my thanks.

First, Thanks to HUNGER for finding the venue. The venders really liked it, and it was fantastic. You did alot of work getting raffle items, and that was the biggest raffle I have seen. Really great work there.

Thanks to all the members who helped out today. Everything ran smooth, and I think everyone was able to still get around to see the vendors. Very good cooperation on everyone's part.

Kenn, that sign was awesome! Thanks for taking the time to make it.

tidepool- The food was fantastic! Thank you for cooking today. Everyone was really pleased with it, and it turned out really well.

I hope you all enjoyed yourselves. Alot of hard work went into it, and I hope next year will be just as successful.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 20:31:06 »
It was a blast!

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 20:36:08 »
Awesome time, would really like to thank all the members who put the time and effort into making it happen. Great venue, sold lots of corals and got some great deals. Did  I mention I had a great time. Burgers hit the spot. 2 Thumbs up!

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 20:39:49 »
Fun time everyone!!!  Great to put some faces with the names!

Offline Reefd Up

• Egg
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 20:54:23 »
Venue was great (one of the best layouts), and I really appreciated the veggie burger, so not having to worry about being hungry was awesome. 

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2011, 20:57:37 »
Thanks to everyone for coming to the swap.  It was a great time, and in my opinion, the best swap I've been to out of the 6 or 7 i've attended.
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline Bright79

• I love tangs !!!!!
  • Juvenile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2011, 21:49:17 »
of course you had fun micki you won a whole bunch of stuff !!!!!!    :party0040:
I am the tank crasher !!!

Offline Kenn

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 21:57:03 »

Thank you  ^-^
Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011, 22:06:05 »

Looked great, and the arrow even pointed in the right direction.

(That last crack was for winning the 75gal tank)

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2011, 22:30:36 »
of course you had fun micki you won a whole bunch of stuff !!!!!!    :party0040:

Lets just say my fish won't go hungry for a while!  ;)

raykumzi

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2011, 00:34:05 »
thanks forhaving me it was alot of fun. can you put me on your contact list for next year please. rayk  803-556-1835.      rayjkumzi@yahoo.com

Offline Boonjob

• Reefkeeping: Go Broke or Go Home
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2011, 01:58:45 »
Would have like to made it there earlier than I did(got suckered into going to dub pub before hand; and Guiness makes me forget about time >:D) But I had a great first time, though my first I felt it was very well put together and lots of friendly people :-ThumbUpsm .... Cant wait till the next one!
God is great, Beer is good, and People are crazy...

Life is a beach, I'm just playing in the sand.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/boonjob-s-reef-tank

Offline Myreef55

• Adult
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2011, 12:26:26 »
Had an awesome time for my first swap! Everyone who had part in making it happen did a amazing job. I got some great deals and won some great raffles!

Offline reefkeeper

• Juvenile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2011, 15:15:45 »
I'd like to also say THANK YOU to all of you who made the swap possible.  It was great and everyone was friendly and helpful, and the raffle was fantastic!  Plus, the food was great and the food servers did a great job.  I had a blast too!  Thanks,
Jeff
Jeff
120g baby reef w/ 55g refug
Penn State & Steelers Fan