2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Zx5 Under Water Camera  (Read 1063 times)

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
Zx5 Under Water Camera
« on: November 06, 2011, 09:39:56 »
Zx5 Under Water Camera, I've been reading some reviews about this camera and they aren't as good as I hoped.  I know Kattz and the club have this camera, what is your take on the battery charge time? That and the low light seem to be the most negative issues.   

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
Re: Zx5 Under Water Camera
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 09:50:18 »
Battery charge time is not all that great but seems to be fine in low light. Check the dates on reviews because both Club and Kattz is generation 2. You should be able to find this camera for 99$

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 10:03:41 »
Ok, thanks!

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 10:21:35 »
Micki, if you're under purely actinic lighting, it will be dark.  If you're under daylight (CFL, MH, LED), it's fine.  As I told my wife, it's a $99 camera for use underwater, and it's going to give you about $200 quality for the price.  I have a 20 minute vid that I'm going to put up on YouTube that Kenn has seen that looks pretty good.
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 11:15:40 »
Thanks for the input Kattz! 

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 19:12:30 »
i know that digital equipment has come a long way, but you're not going to get the quality of a D300 out of it.  Sorry.  If you want to buy one, look at the video I posted up of my clowns; there's a youtube vid on the clownfish thread that was taken underwater with it.
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...