2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Vicki's 14G biocube  (Read 20724 times)

Offline vickiwilson

• Adult
Re: Vicki's 14G biocube
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2012, 16:55:12 »
Got my new light at the end of last week.  I went with a par38 bulb from LEDTriC.com, i like it.. bit more blue than i was hoping for but it'll grow on me.  The corals love it, they're open and enjoying having light finally.

Hammer i got at the swap.  Love it!

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2012, 20:35:11 »
very nice clean look to the tank. Well done on the rock work and coral placement

Offline vickiwilson

• Adult
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2012, 20:48:22 »
Thank you Sir! 

Offline Sunny

• Adult
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2012, 01:22:35 »
Your tank is just beautiful !!  Great pics.

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2012, 08:15:40 »
Looken good
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline vickiwilson

• Adult
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2012, 08:20:48 »
Thank you both!

Offline vickiwilson

• Adult
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2012, 22:35:32 »
Just a quick update with a few new pics.  i need a better camera but my phone will have to do for now.

New FTS

New acan from saltcritters (would definitely recommend them as a vendor, nice frags at very good prices.  I had no issues and would buy from them again)

Bingley.  Love this fish, nice and active and good keeping the flat worms at bay.  Also a good buddy for my female clown, Lizzy, he keeps her from bullying the male too much.

Hammer, not sure if there's been a whole lot of growth yet but it adds some nice variation and colour.  Also Lizzy in the background :)

Offline vickiwilson

• Adult
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2012, 18:09:33 »
Lots of lovely things happening with my tank.  I sold/traded some of my soft corals and got a new pink birdsnest frag, it's lovely!

Did some much needed tank maintenance and gluing the other night and i am no prepping for my vacation next week; i'll be leaving my dad in charge of my 3 tanks.  He'll handle the betta just fine, she's easy, the salt tank should be okay too so long as he follows instructions, i'm a little worried about my poor puffer, he eats frozen food and if it's left too long it gets nasty, or if he eats too much he'll blow up like a balloon. 

Okay, so i wasn't sure where to put this but.. i entered my reef into a competition run by LEDTRIC.com to win a new bulb/possible lamp fixture for this tank.  It seems to be turning into a popularity contest on facebook so this is where i need your help lovely Ohioans :)  If you have a facebook account could you please take a few seconds and go to : https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.230898317017500.53232.189763101131022&type=1

My reef is under Phoenix91's 20G.  if you 'like' my photo and vote for my reef i would be very appreciative.

Offline vickiwilson

• Adult
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2012, 20:22:10 »
Tank has been having a few issues lately, my new cleaner shrimp died suddenly and now my tank has a tiny ammonia spike; not sure why really but i'm working on it with wc's to see if i can get it back to 0.  Looking at the tank you'd never know, everything looks great, nice and healthy.  Fish are doing good.  Lizzy has grown and is twice the size of Darcy now, Bingley has also grown.

No new corals just coral growth.

FTS July

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2012, 00:38:59 »
Everything looks to be growing well. The Red zoa's look great.

Offline Kenn

• Lifetime Premium Member
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2012, 01:00:29 »
Looks great. Love the clown peeking at the top of the water :)
Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2012, 08:18:12 »
looken good
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline vickiwilson

• Adult
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2012, 08:53:19 »
Thanks Lazy, yeah i really like them they're growing so fast.

Kenn, thank you!  yes, she's quite the character.  I can't get a good top down shot that doesn't have her face in it somewhere.

Thank you very much Hunger!

Offline vickiwilson

• Adult
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2012, 17:07:49 »
Photo dump :)

I'm sort of stuck resting right now since my big fat horse has broken my knees because he is too WIDE so i've been tank watching and taking lots of silly photos.

The glare from that window really does ruin all my shots

Lizzy (Darcy isn't as easy to photograph, he's still skittish and doesn't like my phone for some reason)

Happy war coral growing very fast

Now the red monti cap has recovered it is growing so fast, i'm pleased i didn't give up on it.

Now 2 heads, at feeding time

New zoas

I also might have mentioned in previous posts how much i hate these things, but i feel it needs repeating.  I loathe them.

Offline Kenn

• Lifetime Premium Member
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2012, 19:23:14 »
Everything is looking really nice and healthy
Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Offline vickiwilson

• Adult
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2012, 10:25:19 »
My tank is still doing great.  Had a little re-scape and re-glue.  Double the light coming soon :)  Also new return pump to replace the biocube stock pump i'm currently using.

I've cut down feeding and am actually paying attention to see the fish eat everything to try and help with the flatworms, plus i upped my siphoning and it seems to be making an impact.

New Mille :)

Growing like a weed

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2012, 10:29:39 »
It's looking great!

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2012, 14:36:59 »
Wow! I love it!! What a gorgeous tank. Love the scape.
Chromiumlux

Offline vickiwilson

• Adult
« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2012, 20:49:01 »
Thank you both!

Offline Mussin

• Adult
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2012, 09:15:04 »
Very Nice, love the war coral.

Offline vickiwilson

• Adult
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2012, 09:50:40 »
Thanks, Me too.  I can't wait until it starts growing out over the rock.

Offline rickwebste

• Egg
« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2013, 01:42:56 »
I love the corals

Offline catmel

• Fry
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2013, 10:24:44 »
Looks nice! Proof small tanks can look good too :)

Offline vickiwilson

• Adult
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2013, 16:45:03 »
Thanks!  I like the small tank but really wish it was just a tad bigger, a nice 40b would be ideal.

My mam brought me back a piece of rock from her vacation in hawaii, she picked it out the sea and thought t would look nice in my tank; which is lovely of her it's possibly the most interest she's shown in the tank so far :)  I'm not sure if i should do anything to it before adding it to the tank.  Any suggestions?

One of my LEDs went out last week and LEDtric are replacing it with a new version which is full spectrum.  Their customer service has been great.

The flatworms are still driving me beyond crazy, every week i wage this never ending war and siphon the little devils out.  I've cut back on feeding which does seem to have made a slight dint in the population.  I have learned my lesson, never again will i neglect dipping my corals; i know the damage is already done to this tank but if i ever upgrade every single thing will be dipped and i will start over with new rock i think.  Hell i might even dip the rock i already have and kill off the stupidly huge bristle worms too.

My female clown has finally picked a host :) She's gone with the frogspawn and is actually being fairly gentle with it, she also lets the blue damsel hide under it which i find a little odd but their friendship is odd.

Mushroom cave, i'd love to get another colour mushroom to contrast the purple, maybe a red.

Bingley always photo bombs looking menacing

Offline Ramathorn937

• Fry
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2013, 17:12:08 »
Lol that pic is hilarious! The grumpy "what do you think you're doing" face... Lol!

Sent from my Galaxy S3