2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Evil Psycho Killer 6 Line?  (Read 4309 times)

Offline Arcade_Guy

• Juvenile
  • Centipede
Evil Psycho Killer 6 Line?
« on: March 01, 2009, 23:11:03 »
I noticed my 6 line wrasse has been especially angry with my royal gramma tonight.. I've seen them tangle just a little, but it usually ends with no harm.

Well tonight the wrasse got a wild hair and chased the gramma and fought with him for a few, actually damaged his tail!

I didn't think 6 lines were aggressive?

He only goes after the gramma.. doesnt bother any other fish or shrimp or anything..

Never seen his top fin so much either, bright yellow and spikey. Seemed like his eyes turned even more red too, like blood red.

Anyways do i need to separate them, or let them sort it out? I dont want the gramma to be really injured.. I'd hate to get rid of either of them tho.

Ever seen 28 days later? lol
55 Gallon Reef - Hamilton, OH 45013

Arnold shares his deepest feelings

Offline UD Flyer

• Adult
Re: Evil Psycho Killer 6 Line?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 23:21:27 »
6 lines are known to be very aggressive to other smaller fish, especially if that fish is introduced after them. He/she may end up killing the Gramma over time.

Taking a fish out would probably be best, especially for the gramma, but thats up to you.

Offline Arcade_Guy

• Juvenile
  • Centipede
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 23:29:15 »
i was thinking more of taking the gramma out... i really really like the 6 line.

If the gramma is gone would he find a new guy to bully? The only other smaller fish i have is my smaller black clown...

Offline UD Flyer

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 23:45:48 »
The Clown fish should be able to hold his own. Clown fish are just damsels in fancy pajamas. 

You did mention getting a Blue Spot, that’s a pretty heavty sum of money just for the 6 line to chase around or scare into never coming out of its burrow. 

Offline Arcade_Guy

• Juvenile
  • Centipede
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 23:52:21 »
oh no, not a bluespot jawfish.. i wish lol i have a pearly jawfish that the 6 line never bothers tho...

i meant a blue spot sea hare (actually i think the LFS called them blue DOT) guess i shoulda specified

they're jet black with bright blue spots, awesome looking. I did love my plain brownish sea hare tho.

Offline UD Flyer

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 00:02:55 »
OK, gotcha. I never heard of a blue spotted sea hare until now, and I  just looked one up and man is that thing ugly. The blue spots are cool, but wow

Offline Arcade_Guy

• Juvenile
  • Centipede
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 00:42:28 »
the ones i saw werent all hairy lookin like the ones on google images lol

they're more smooth like a normal sea hare, just different colored.

Offline jake

• Adult
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 04:20:24 »
my sixline has beef with my red scooter , but they are evenly matched and the scooted wouldn't think of not coming out all he does is hunt and peck all day

Offline jjw2121

• Adult
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 07:09:50 »
My 6 line is cool tempered, never had an issue with him.

Offline pontiac2002gtp

• Adult
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 09:00:15 »
my sixline is very aggressive im trying to get him out of the tank but haven't had much luck catching him.  he attacked my pearly jawfish and i never seen the jawfish again.

Offline larrynews

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 10:17:29 »
ditto on the 6 line mine is aggressive toward small fish

Offline lightningfront

• Adult
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2009, 11:25:16 »
Interesting, my 6 line has never showed agression towards any other fish in the tank. He pretty much keeps to himself and is constantly swimming around the tank looking for food. He'll be the one to go if I do see agression, there are other cool wrasses out there.
28 NanoCube CF Quad

My tank thread
http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=8341

Offline aquavista99

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2009, 12:00:17 »
I noticed my 6 line wrasse has been especially angry with my royal gramma tonight.. I've seen them tangle just a little, but it usually ends with no harm.

Well tonight the wrasse got a wild hair and chased the gramma and fought with him for a few, actually damaged his tail!

I didn't think 6 lines were aggressive?

He only goes after the gramma..

I had the same problem back in 2005. I decided to build a fish trap and remove the 6 line wrasse. My Royal gramma has been happy ever since!

Offline Arcade_Guy

• Juvenile
  • Centipede
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2009, 13:06:29 »
funny thing is the gramma is almost the same size as the 6 line, maybe even a bit bigger. if they fight much more i'll have to make a decision i guess :(

Offline jake

• Adult
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2009, 18:31:15 »
Think about it adam come on. There is a bunch of 300lb dudes we work with you'd love to wrap up and your around 200 I mean

Offline Dstyles

• Got to keep on pushing!
  • Adult
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2009, 18:41:45 »
funny thing is the gramma is almost the same size as the 6 line, maybe even a bit bigger. if they fight much more i'll have to make a decision i guess :(
That's too bad.  I love seeing both of mine in the tank together .  They have had no beef with each other though.  You could only hope the 6 line gets better.
One Day At A Time