2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: rare opportunity, Jacks Dayton Mall 50% off all salts !!  (Read 4270 times)

Offline Shep

• Juvenile
I just returned to work from my lunch hour. the Jacks by the Dayton Mall (on 741) is closing, they have all saltwater fish, live rock, inverts and corals marked 50% off...and my tank won't be ready for another month...

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
Re: rare opportunity, Jacks Dayton Mall 50% off all salts !!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 14:10:36 »
Oh wow that is great thanks for letting us know

Offline Viggen

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 17:49:04 »
Been wondering how long they can make it without wallyworld being next door to them.  That shopping area is so empty..... I am heading out of town for a week & I do not have time to see what they have available
300g tub o fish

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 08:14:11 »
do you know if theres any 180 rr there for sale
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 10:07:31 »
Been wondering how long they can make it without wallyworld being next door to them.  That shopping area is so empty..... I am heading out of town for a week & I do not have time to see what they have available

I was talking with Rich @ Coral Ranch.   He said someone bought the property and gave them two weeks to get out.  Going to tear it down and build office buildings.   They are looking for a spot in the area to re-open.

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 10:47:55 »
All big tanks were gone yesterday.
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline larrynews

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 11:29:31 »
isn't posting this against the sponsors,  since it says where and the sale, we cant post it...that was just my understanding...thank

Offline sticks_wife

• Adult
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 11:52:39 »
Commercial Posts
Posts by members attempting to market/advertise a business are not allowed. If you have a website, automatic ordering, accept credit cards, have a local shop, are employed (even if part time, voluntarily, or on call as needed) or regularly sell your product on Ebay or Ebay type websites, you are considered commercial and posts of an advertising nature will be removed. The buy/sell/trade forum is for members who are selling items or buying items in low quantity. If you are selling large/bulk quantities of any item you will be considered a commercial business. Ultimately the decision of wether or not you are classified as a commercial entity is left up to the moderators/Board of Directors.

There is no post here from any of the employees nor is there any post from the owner of the business. The sale is available to non-members (meaning anyone in the general public can walk in and be a part of it), This is why we have the rules about commercial activity on the board and why we have chosen to leave the post.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 14:51:15 by Lazylivin »

Offline Shep

• Juvenile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 13:22:37 »
wow, I meant no harm, I saw a 50% off sale and thought some Ohio Reef readers would be interested, simply sharing an opportunity...it never occured to me that that would be inappropriate in any way...if there was some breach of ettiquette here on my part it was completely unintentional...

Shep

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 13:27:24 »
wow, I meant no harm, I saw a 50% off sale and thought some Ohio Reef readers would be interested, simply sharing an opportunity...it never occured to me that that would be inappropriate in any way...if there was some breach of ettiquette here on my part it was completely unintentional...

Shep

You did nothing wrong Shep, Sharing this kind of information is part of what the club does.  It's up to each individual to make informed decisions and choices Thank you for passing along the information!

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 14:40:56 »
Ohio Reef encourages posting deals found locally or online. I do it all the time. In fact that is what this board is for which I moved this post to.

What isn't allowed is:
1.) Posting if you are the owner, employee or affiliated with the store in anyway.
2.) Commonly posting for a particular store which would indicate an agenda.

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 15:26:49 »
Good move Brian!  :)

Offline larrynews

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2011, 17:35:39 »
no shep nothing wrong, i was just wondering....sometimes the rules seem to float on this site, so i was just wondering....all good...thanks for the heads up :-ThumbUpsm

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2011, 21:20:40 »
Was by there today looks like they are still open tank with fish still and still open when are they closeing
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline sticks_wife

• Adult
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2011, 21:31:03 »
I was told it was supposed to be closed by last Wednesday. Since you seen that they were still open, you should have asked them about it. Maybe something changed. I would like to know as well.

Offline stickboy_107

• Adult
  • GIVE ME ONE OF EVERYTHING [just dont tell my wife]
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2011, 22:05:45 »
Agreed. It was stated that this store would be closed by Wed. So, as of now, this thread is locked.  :105:

Offline Viggen

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2011, 22:32:27 »
I stopped by there today & purchased a few small things, fish food that nobody wanted, coppersafe & a 20-30lb piece of rock for less then half off. 

Dog food is still only 25% off but pretty much everything else in the store is 50% off

I was told by one of the employees that they are closing on the 23rd

I also asked when the dog food will be marked down more & he said stop by or preferably call every day, they do not know what the stuff will be marked down more

300g tub o fish