2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: IO Reef Crystals - Bad Batch Number(s)??????  (Read 1718 times)

Offline tidepool

• Adult
IO Reef Crystals - Bad Batch Number(s)??????
« on: November 12, 2015, 09:24:48 »
Morning all.... Earlier in the year, I remember reading that there were some "issues" with a few of the Instant Ocean Reef Crystal lots that were sold in the Dayton area.... I still have two boxes and I just want to make sure that I am not mixing a bad batch before I do a water change.... if I do have a "bad batch", will IO send you replacement boxes or compensate you in some other way?

Any information y'all can share would be VERY helpful...

Much appreciated eh!

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
Re: IO Reef Crystals - Bad Batch Number(s)??????
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 09:51:15 »
I wasn't able to find the posts about it but here is contact info for them if you suspect a problem. They did not confirm or deny a problem with my salt batch. The salt may have been fine. I had high tin found in triton test. Not sure if that came from salt or BRS two part or some other source. I dealt with issue by doing a 100% water change with Red Sea Coral Pro. I also started growing cheato again in case it is a build up from some other source hoping that would keep it in check

TechSupport@instantocean.com

Offline CoralBeauties

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 20:42:46 »
I believe Paul (walltank) had issues also.
Jeff

Offline tidepool

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 21:52:50 »
Emailed Instant Ocean earlier today and have not received a reply as of yet - if anyone can remember the lot numbers of the Reef Crystals that were "bad", it would be greatly appreciated - I have boxes with two different lot numbers.... kinda feel like I am playing Russian Roulette with my tank..

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 21:53:54 »
I have been having SPS issues and I am using IORC, I don't personally believe it is the salt but can't confirm for sure one way or the other. Paul as having the same issues I am having, he also was using IORC, but has stopped using it and is still having the same issues.

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2015, 23:20:21 »
If I remember right none of the batch numbers that were suspected were the same to confirm any one bad batch as being common with everyone.
Jeff

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2015, 02:35:44 »
I know I had several boxes and all the Batch numbers were different.

Offline tidepool

• Adult
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2015, 15:18:22 »
Finally heard from Instant Ocean Customer Support this afternoon - here is there response to my inquiry about and "bad batches" of salt....

Hello Ken,

Thank you for contacting us. We have no reported “bad batches” of either IO or RC on record.  It would take a minimum of 3 complaints on a batch to require an investigation and no such investigation has been called in recent history.

Best Regards,

Consumer Relations Lead

Spectrum Brands|Pet, Home & Garden