2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Moving Back  (Read 3547 times)

Offline xXTheWendigoXx

• Adult
Moving Back
« on: June 27, 2008, 14:46:49 »
Hello all! My wife and will be moving back to Centerville after three years up in Michigan. I'm in the process of breaking down my 65 gallon and my 29 biocube and condensing them into a 92 corner I've got waiting. Been in the hobby for just over a year now. I would post pictures but the 65 is nearly barren as I've sold some things and moved whatever I really want to keep into the cube, which is now a thoroughly crowded mess. I would say more, but I better keep packing or my wife will kill me.

MechanicalEngineer

Re: Moving Back
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 16:26:29 »
Welcome!  Were you a member of any clubs here previously? 

Offline xXTheWendigoXx

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 18:34:35 »
Nope, always wanted to get into the hobby but never did until we moved up north.

MechanicalEngineer

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 18:42:23 »
Where were you in Michigan?  I lived in Grand Rapids for a bit...visited a few fishy stores around there. 

Please tell us about your new tank!  What do you keep? 

We have a meeting coming up in July, and would love to have some new faces!

Offline Slicktrax

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 23:09:33 »
welcome home!
That one guy who used to be on all the time......

Offline xXTheWendigoXx

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 16:01:36 »
Squee! I hope the meeting isn't on one of the many "moving" days. We've been living in Ypsilanti (just outside of Ann Arbor if you've never been up there... is this the part where I admit that I've been attending UM and take all the grief?  :)). I've got to admit it's going to be hard leaving some of the stores around here, we've got a good collection.

Tank in progress is a 92 gallon corner with a bowfront. At the moment it's being fostered at an old friends house while my wife and I job and house hunt so it's not quite as done as I wanted, but I'm not about to complain because I was terrified I would be able to keep anything during the move. I've got a used Coralife Aqualight Pro that I'm fixing up that fits the top perfectly, and a Coralife Skimmer with a Sedra 5000 pump.

I condensed my two tanks into my Nano to prepare for the move, and then of course the top off system on my nano malfunctioned, pumped the tank up, overflowed it, and plunged the salinity. I lost most of my LPS pieces (and had to buy the neighbors downstairs a new tv) but I've still got my big Elegance Coral, an orange BTA, a purple LTA, a few Zoo's, smattering of Ricordea, purple mushrooms, and leathers, this crazy colorful urchin, and of course my Snowflake Eel and pair of False Percs.

I'll try and get some pictures up, though as I said before, it's all a bit higgeldy-piggeldy at the moment  ;D

MechanicalEngineer

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008, 18:53:13 »
Wow, your avatar suddenly makes sense!!  :) 

Offline xXTheWendigoXx

• Adult
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2008, 19:32:11 »
I think there was a choice soundtrack to go with it that I probably can't repeat here.

Here's a good partial shot of my tank at the moment. All the rest have a wicked glare, have to get my wife to shoot some more for me later, she's good at it.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 19:34:56 by xXTheWendigoXx »

Offline ohioreef

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Founding Member
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2008, 20:32:24 »
Looks nice! Welcome to Ohio Reef!!

MechanicalEngineer

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2008, 00:12:31 »
Sweetness!  Always love the pictures!