2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Every Built an AR?  (Read 3620 times)

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
Re: Every Built an AR?
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2012, 21:28:45 »
OK all the parts came in and I just finished the Lego set from Hell

Stag Stripped Lower.  I paint filled the roll markings

75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2012, 21:43:45 »
Looks good
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline Todd W.

• Adult
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2012, 20:34:31 »
Drooooooollllll

Let me know if you want to learn how to knock out a gnat's ass at 500yards  8)

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2012, 10:29:50 »
OK, need some opinions on sights/optic configurations.  I was hoping to be able to run the detachable handle iron sights with a see through riser for the scope.  I know the scope is kinda high but im really only expecting 200yards at max for this setup.  Well I went to the range yesterday and the riser is so unstable i couldnt even zero the scope, and the "shoot through" part actually impairs the sightline on the irons a little.

So I ordered a $10 riser so my scope will clear the front sight on the flat top.  I like this setup, but dont really want to commit to scope only

I also have a red dot laying around, when i put it on the flat top it just so happens to already be "cowitness" with the front sight, which is cool.  But no magnification...

Lastly, i kinda like this option.  I could put the red dot on the handle for short shots and use the irons for longer.  I could put on and take off the red dot fairly easy.

Im thinking use the handle and red dot setup for normal stuff and swap out for the scope for longer stuff.... If i put them back on the same picatinny slot, they will be close each time, but of course I will have to re-zero the scope each time if I expect anything great.  What do you think of these options??

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline itsalifestyle

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2012, 13:43:41 »
im switching my R-15 back to eotech from Leupold vx-3 I just miss close Range but this is on my coyote gun so 90% of the time there 200 yrds and unders and i would say 50% of the dogs coming in are on top of you before you know it like less then 50yrds so the flip to side is the way to go for me aimpoint makes some really nice ones also but this is what im going to go with with larue mounts so i would say it all depends on what you are wanting to do and spend 

Offline itsalifestyle

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2012, 13:44:13 »

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2012, 15:20:38 »
Yea, this is a pretty bare bones build to start.  I got less than $700 in the gun right now so im not looking at Ecotech or Aimpoint.  Mostly just plinking up to around 150 yards.  THen some more calibrated long range target shooting.  Thats why im leaning with a red dot/iron confiuration, and a scope configuration.  I can swap them out with needed. 

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2012, 17:20:05 »
OK done.

I put the scope on a quick release riser so it would clear the front sight. 

Then for the faster/closer stuff I stayed with the rear irons.  I cut the handle rail and after some drilling and tapping I have a very secure mount for the red dot.  Shortening the "see through" rail also opened up alot of FOV and its now tolerable.

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2012, 21:11:25 »
Looks good
SIZE DOES MATTER