2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: January Meeting  (Read 14267 times)

Offline Viggen

Re: January Meeting
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2012, 15:27:54 »
I might be able to help, just let me know.  I play soccer and do not know when I play yet.... not sure I can make the meeting
300g tub o fish

Offline Boonjob

• Reefkeeping: Go Broke or Go Home
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2012, 16:07:48 »
Aww don't be a negative nancy Paul ;P

I've moved plenty of things heavier, and more delicate then this ;) lol did it for years... I don't doubt my abilities ;) My main concern was the tanks ability to hold it's own weight on it's side... The seller has assured me this is not an issue as it was moved from it's previous location to it's current location by being carried on it's side with no ill effects... Granted this is my first tank move of this size but I am more than confident I can get it in the basement with 4-5 good helpers...

I was told the tank rests at a patio door, and is a straight shot out... I have a car trailer with plenty of room to carry the tank and stand... The stairs to my basement butt up against an exterior door leading directly out onto my driveway... The trailer will be backed up to the exterior door and the tank carried down the stairs(which are straight down, once in the basement it's a straight shot again to the room it will be in and there is plenty of room to move it around within that room)... 2 men on the Front of the tank, one on either side and one in the back(I'll add more if I have the help)... I figure the tank weighs 400-500lbs calculating at 500lbs that's 100lbs per mover... I have been picky with my volunteers for this reason lol, as though 100#'s isn't a huge amount of weight, they have to be confident with holding/adjusting it, and with the people I have asked/ offered to help moving this weight should not be an issue.

As far as holding onto the tank... I have 3 sets of suctions cups(again I used to do this for a living) I just have to find them rofl... To be honest though I will not be heart broken if I can't find em as they only really work when they want too... and I personally dont trust them enough to be the main source of support for carry.

Not much more to plan, just going to take muscle to get it moved...

I am not sure who made the tank, but I would venture to say, yes it is a glass cages, as it sounds like their handy work. It was joe ayers* tank, and now midwest's

And I appreciate the offer Viggen, I will let you know closer to saturday once I figure out what everyone's schedule is, so I can determine the best time to do it... it's going to be in the evening, just determing how late...

God is great, Beer is good, and People are crazy...

Life is a beach, I'm just playing in the sand.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/boonjob-s-reef-tank

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2012, 17:15:49 »
Well you have some thought into it.   My concerns were the structure of the tank on it's side.    Your weight calculations need a little re-engineering.    If the tank is on it's side, there will be a much larger load on one side.   

Offline aquavista99

« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2012, 11:20:34 »
Thanks for the reminder, Brian. Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend this meeting after all.  Have a good one!

Reminder meeting is this weekend. Saturday 1:00pm

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2012, 12:36:36 »
Anyone coming to meeting tomorrow need their water tested. Premium members need any club equipment?

Offline The WuSue

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2012, 13:01:35 »
Is the mojano wand available? (I have glass hole saws in the car ready to go if anyone would like them.)

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2012, 16:42:57 »
Yes it is and I will bring it and swap for hole saws.

Offline jeremy

• Fry
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2012, 16:49:23 »
Could you please bring the PAR meter?  If tidepool doesn't take it, I will.  Thanks!

Anyone coming to meeting tomorrow need their water tested. Premium members need any club equipment?

Offline Viggen

« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2012, 16:52:26 »
work all day 9am to 7 tomorrow thus I can't make it

300g tub o fish

Offline Reefpete

• My pain is self chosen
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2012, 17:16:58 »

Water testing for me please.

Offline Blazinreef

• Adult
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2012, 19:30:46 »
Ok so I believe I am in.  Brian I will try to remember to bring the Hanna checker.  Looking forward to my first meeting :)
Firefighting:  How hard can it be?  You just put the wet stuff on the red stuff right?

57 Rimless SPS/LPS in the works

OLD:180g mixed reef, 60g sump, 2 30g frag tanks, 30g macro algae tank.  300g total system.

Offline Todd W.

• Adult
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2012, 10:21:46 »
Brian, I saw  :laugh: that you needed the hole saws... What is the largest size that we have available?

Offline Boonjob

« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2012, 10:23:33 »

Offline Boonjob

« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2012, 10:35:51 »
If anyone wishes to re-up their premium membership, You can make a payment at the meetings to myself or any of the officers... I know some people's memberships have or are coming around time to be expired, so if you prefer to pay in person you can do so at the meetings... Furthermore if you want to mail a check feel free to do so aswell, just pm me or call me and I will get you my address...

937-671-1652

-Cody

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2012, 10:46:39 »
Don't think I'm going to make the meeting today.  :(  The weather is kind of iffy (at least up here) and I have to get back for a 50th surprise birthday party. 

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2012, 10:47:29 »
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2012, 10:52:01 »
Sounds good I will bring it

Offline jd

• Dr. Skimmer
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2012, 11:55:49 »
I'll be there, with holesaws! Huzzah!
Call me Mr. Rev. Dr.

Offline Reefpete

• My pain is self chosen
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2012, 17:08:06 »
 Had a great time! Thanks to all who organized this meeting. I just wish we would have had some name tags or an informal introduction of sorts. Maybe I should have just been more open to introducing myself to new people ( Sorry still struggle with that one).
 Great to see everyone that could make it, and to those who couldn't...well hope to see you at the next event!

:be happy:

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2012, 19:18:19 »
had a great time  meeting went off with a blast
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2012, 21:11:11 »
MMmmm meat pizza.... :)
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline tidepool

• Adult
« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2012, 22:32:10 »
I agree with ReefPlate (Pete???)... probably a good idea - before the drawing perhaps - to at least go around the room and do quick introductions - would help both old and new members - I know I rememeber lots of faces, but getting names straight is not not my strong point...  :T

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2012, 23:36:54 »
It was a good time. :-ThumbUpsm

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2012, 08:40:44 »
Sounds like it was fun!  Sorry I missed it. :(

Offline slandis3

• Lifetime Premium Member
    • Slandiscreations
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2012, 10:41:07 »
Yes we had fun and it was nice meeting everyone. We will get name tags for the next meeting. Brian, let me know if we need more I can get some tomorrow while I am out.