2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Xenia coral worth nothing???  (Read 1709 times)

Offline Chris

• Juvenile
Xenia coral worth nothing???
« on: March 10, 2013, 01:40:16 »
Hi everyone!
i have tons and tons of xenia coral everywhere in my 65 and 75 tank. i know this corals r not expensive, but i still wondered if i could frag and sell them??? or should i just throw them away??
ALSO, anyone has experience of trading corals to LFS like Gerbers? anyone knows how much store credit i can get if i trade in my xenia/toadstool/hammer/mushrooms.
 planning to buy a pair of black&white clown, want to trade in some corals to save some money.
thanks/!!

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
Re: Xenia coral worth nothing???
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 09:27:36 »
I had the same problem I did get to give some away. I pitched most of it. I finally rid my tank of it for that reason. Other members did say you could sell it at gerbers & maybe at other lfs in the area.

Offline Chris

• Juvenile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 16:18:45 »
I had the same problem I did get to give some away. I pitched most of it. I finally rid my tank of it for that reason. Other members did say you could sell it at gerbers & maybe at other lfs in the area.
Thanks!
I will try to call them today, and see!

Offline volcano

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 19:43:56 »
I trade xenia in at gerbers all the time.  They will give a very fair price for it.  My dads 72 gallon is over run with xenia, it's like the plague.   He cuts a lot and just throws it out, I go over and frag it and trade it at gerbers or swap it. 

Offline Lowery6581

• Fry
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 12:55:15 »
I would interested in some of your coral. I would not buy your fish at gerbers all fish I got there did not make it.

Offline Chris

• Juvenile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 01:05:14 »
I would interested in some of your coral. I would not buy your fish at gerbers all fish I got there did not make it.
sorry, just saw ur post.  i traded in some corals already, but i still got some xenia, gsp, toadstool frags ready to go.
im trying to buy a pair of snowflake clowns, dont wanna buy super small ones online.
gerber's has some large sizes pairs for $250 or something. i feel like once i trade in some more corals, i can just add a little cash for them.
do u really thing i should not get fish from them??? :'(

Offline Ramathorn937

• Fry
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 01:15:11 »
Man you missed out Chris, I picked up a pair of snowflake clowns at the swap for $60... Booyah Clowns was there and had awesome pricing!

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Offline Chris

• Juvenile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 04:16:53 »
Oh! They r so cute.!
 I saw those clowns, but I feel like they should be just couple month old.
My ocellaris pair and black&white pair are started laying eggs, I'm thinking of raise the babies.
But i feel like I may not be able to earn my money back since those clowns r so cheap.
That's why I'm looking to buy a large pair or even a breeding pair of snowflake. ::)

Man you missed out Chris, I picked up a pair of snowflake clowns at the swap for $60... Booyah Clowns was there and had awesome pricing!

Sent from my Galaxy S3