2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: I'm back ..kinda..almost  (Read 2199 times)

Offline dlcrawle

• Adult
I'm back ..kinda..almost
« on: March 18, 2013, 09:40:10 »
I had to break down and sell my 92 gallon bowfront middle of last year and had to part ways with everything . So I went from this
To possibly this.

I say possibly because I have it alll setup but want to go to a 180-220. I am very inpatient when in comes to getting things done so I put sand and about 50 gallons of established water in it. I dont have time to mess with it through out the week so if I dont find a bigger tank by the weekend this will be my new setup. Under the tank I have a 75 gallon sump with eshopps psk 200 skimmer 2" sand bed hope to get some chateo (sp) and rubble rock. Also if anyone has live rock for free or cheap id love some. Will post some more pics later.

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
Re: I'm back ..kinda..almost
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 09:48:29 »
I like them tall stands. Keep the pics coming.

Offline dlcrawle

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 08:42:57 »
Have water in the main tank. Repairing the sump tonight and hopefully finding some live rock. Also I could not figure out this Eshopps psk 200 skimmer. I tried adjusting everything on it and the water kept flowing up into collection cup. If anyone uses this skimmer let me know what to do please and thank you. More pics tonight.

Offline charlieweaver

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 18:37:35 »
How high is ur water level in the part of the sump where your skimmer is. Sounds like it is too high

Sent from my HTC6435LVW

Offline dlcrawle

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 23:48:08 »
Here is my tank filled have a canister filter and little skimmer and two hydors. The I have another 20 gallons of established water in green tub with circulation pump and psk skimmer. Adding some live rock tomorrow and mixing all the water together. Will try to get pics of it together tomorrow.

Offline dlcrawle

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 12:12:56 »
ok a lot of progress since last post.  Added rock about 2 weeks ago.

I ran 2 skimmers on it for awhile then my PSK-200 kicked it into high gear so i took the little one off

added some corals

I ran some pvc under the sand bed. Knew I was getting a ribbon eel.
I added fish over the weekend Orange shoulder, naso, yellow, and sailfin tang. 4 green chromis, 2 pajama cardinals, 6 peppermint shrimp, fire red shrimp, cleaner shrimp, coral banded shrimp, watchman goby, spotted mandarin, ghost ribbon eel, 45 blue leg hermits, 10 nass snails, 25 astrea snails.

Offline Travis8896

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 18:24:03 »
That scan is sweet what kind is it I love it
"Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo

Offline Neogenesis

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 08:17:24 »
I would keep a really close eye on your water params, that is a LOT of livestock to add all at once.  I would be surprised if your bio can handle that large or a increase all at once.

Offline dlcrawle

• Adult
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 23:41:15 »
I am not sure what you mean by scan? But you might be referring to the reverse prism favia? Also Neogenesis thanks for the concern I was worried about this to but also did not want to add fish at separate times that way no one had time to setup a territory and become aggressive. I am keeping a close eye on it and plan on doing 5 gallon water changes every 3-5 days for a few weeks. Also have about 40 gallons or water set back waiting in case there is a big spike I have everything on hand to handle it. The only thing that hasn't made it is the ghost ribbon eel. He came in and didn't look good at all. Was laying with his head up side down and swimming very weird. Would also curl his entire body up in a circle it kind of looked like the fish version of exorcist. I won't try it again for awhile as I know they are very hard to keep even in an established aquarium.  I may just wait until I get my "man cave" together and have a garden eel tank. Keep the comments questions and concerns coming. Thanks for looking

Offline matt78goins

• Fry
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 08:30:55 »
The tank is looking great.  How are all your fish doing?