2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Just Venting...  (Read 4511 times)

Offline UD Flyer

• Adult
Re: Just Venting...
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2009, 18:14:34 »
"Just Venting" turned into cop bashing real quick... Just remember theres always two sides to every story.

Offline jeremyt

• Adult
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2009, 18:27:35 »
i dont think anyone bashed cops, there is a difference between a cop who "serves and protects" and a high school hall moniter who could not get over the power trip.

Offline pontiac2002gtp

• Adult
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2009, 19:40:48 »
I'm not bashing cops just the two I dealt could have handled things alot different I have never had a problem in the past if you treat them with respect they should do the same not act like your a piece of dirt.  Just like everything else theres the good and the bad and the bad always seems to get the most attention.

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2009, 20:39:22 »
Are you a cop? And good point. He was doing his job when he came out, then he over stepped his boundries.

Yes, Gary is a sheriff Deputy for Shelby County!  That happens to be my tax $$$ at work!  :D   Keep up the good work Gary!   

JP2006

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2009, 21:19:24 »
"Just Venting" turned into cop bashing real quick... Just remember theres always two sides to every story.
Very good point. I would consider yourself lucky that you are not in court explaining it to a judge. I would not be suprised if you get a visit from Childrens Services under the clause of a mandated referral. Keep us posted, but remember that the Deputy was responding to the complaint of a neighbor. How would you feel if you called the S.O. about the neighbors barking dog or crying child that may be in danger? Im sure ill get blasted for the comment, however only a few people on here have looked at this with an educated objective perspective.

Offline UD Flyer

• Adult
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2009, 23:05:37 »
Someone calls and makes a complaint to the police they are obligated to show up to find out what is going on, even if you call 911 and hang up, so no matter what they’ll show up eventually.

Let’s put this in terms that everyone should be able to relate to.  Hopefully everyone has had a job with a superior or boss that usually tells them what to do while working. How many of you who were told to go do something are going to tell your boss “no”?  Just like the deputy, he was told to respond to this call, do you really think he’s going to tell his boss, “Hey sergeant, I don’t want to take this call because it’s just a baby crying and the neighbor should realize that baby’s cry at night.”

That wouldn’t fly down at the sheriff’s office, trust me. They’re paid to protect and serve and every call that comes to them they inquiry about, because there may be an emergency action that needs to happen.

JP, makes a good point, he could have easily been in front of a judge explaining his case (personally it wouldn’t get that far because after all, this is Montgomery Co.).  Look at this whole situation from a different perspective, its 1:30- 1:45 in the morning a mom and dad is trying to get their child to sleep. They’re most likely aggravated, and then to make matters worse a Deputy shows up at the door saying they have gotten a complaint about a baby crying. I know if I answered the door I wouldn’t be very happy to see an officer there. Maybe the officer was reciprocating the attitude he thought he was being given, who knows, I wasn’t there and the officer isn’t on the forum.  So to call the officer derogatory names or to say what you would do or say to him is, in my mind, uncalled for. 

Didn’t we all just learn from President Obama that coming to a judgment before all the facts are known, or at least stories heard from both sides can bite you in the butt (Dr. Gates and the Cambridge Sergeant)?

In Montgomery County between the hours of 10p.m. and 6a.m. any noise that can be considered disturbing the peace and heard at a minimum of 200ft with a certain decibel (I forget exactly what it is) is in violation and can be cited. There is also something about the amount of time the noise is occurring, but that is restricted to day time hours.   

I have been on many night calls where people are getting snappy not meaning too, just under the circumstances of the night and dealing with the police. But again, I was not there so I can only take what was presented to me and look at both sides. Nevertheless, if I was the neighbor I would have knocked on the door, and only called the police if the neighbor with the baby did not answer.

My only intention was to look at the other side of the story and think of it from that perspective. We live in a society that loves to flame the police whenever they can. They’re people too and sometimes make mistakes, and as Pontiac pointed out the bad apples get the most attention. Couple that with Police officers being the “law enforcers” who cite people and give fines, this usually gives people an immediate reaction to bash them. 

However, I have sympathy for Justin and his wife, the only advise I can give you is get a note from the doctor or lie your daughter down for sleep earlier before 10pm and let her cry, that way you cant be cited in the future. It’s a tough situation to be in and I hope to never be in the same situation with a neighbor that cant sympathize that babies cry at night.   

Offline jake

• Adult
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2009, 23:35:44 »
ya good point on the never know if the kid is being hurt. I still hate cops though.Actually they just make me ill. Never really seen one do anything ,but hassle people, write tickets and abuse there uniform.

I liked the story today at work from the girl dating a sheriff said she was up till 3am texting him all night when he was on duty getting like full reports on his calls.

Offline UD Flyer

• Adult
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2009, 23:43:49 »
ya good point on the never know if the kid is being hurt. I still hate cops though.Actually they just make me ill. Never really seen one do anything ,but hassle people, write tickets and abuse there uniform.

I liked the story today at work from the girl dating a sheriff said she was up till 3am texting him all night when he was on duty getting like full reports on his calls.

You sound bitter, but Nonetheless you prove my point in paragraph 8 of my post.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2009, 01:45:52 »
Thread is locked because it is heading downhill real quick

Offline ohioreef

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Founding Member
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2009, 13:50:57 »
Are you a cop? And good point. He was doing his job when he came out, then he over stepped his boundries.

As a matter of fact, I am.