2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Free 25gals of premixed Seachem reef water  (Read 2080 times)

Offline Boonjob

• Reefkeeping: Go Broke or Go Home
Free 25gals of premixed Seachem reef water
« on: June 24, 2011, 00:24:39 »
Hey all I made too much saltwater this time around... I have about 25 gallons already mixed up and ready to go... It was made with my ro/di filter and mixed up with seachem reef salt. This is free just come get it before I dump it out... It has a heater and is circulating atm but I will only hold it for another day or so.... It is sitting at right about 1.025  and 74-78 temp.

Though anyone may come get it, Premium members will have priority. Bring your own containers! I'm in West Carrolton
God is great, Beer is good, and People are crazy...

Life is a beach, I'm just playing in the sand.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/boonjob-s-reef-tank

Offline referinohio

• Adult
Re: Free 25gals of premixed Seachem reef water
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 06:52:57 »
I have jugs in my car now, good for about 13 gallons if still available.

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 08:08:04 »
I need about 3 oz if there is any left. I got my sandwich baggie cleaned out :)
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline Boonjob

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 08:08:48 »
I have jugs in my car now, good for about 13 gallons if still available.

I do still have it... I am at work atm, however I will be home any time after 6ish if you'd like to come get some just give me a call 937-671-1652 (names Cody)

Offline Boonjob

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 08:09:47 »
I need about 3 oz if there is any left. I got my sandwich baggie cleaned out :)

We don't serve your kind here ;)

Offline referinohio

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 08:53:52 »
Ugh, can't get out that way after 6. Thanks anyway

Offline Boonjob

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 11:07:32 »
I can bring to the meeting if anyone needs it there, other wise it will be dumped sat as that would be the 3 day mark.

Offline thepipbull

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 13:02:57 »
Hey Boonjob Why do you have a 3 day mark. The water should be good for awhile.My water usually sits for a couple of nights before going into the tank. A couple things to consider would be keeping it closed and kept in a dark place.You don't want anything to get into it. Something bad falls in and breaks down into ammonia. Then your just putting dirty water in your tank. I like keeping mine closed to help with evaporation also. If its dark I don't get any algae. Also you need to bring it to the proper temp and aerate the water before you do your change this balances the pH by either releasing or absorbing CO2, and raises the ORP which may have a good effect. Not to mention it is helpful or the fish and corals too.

Offline Boonjob

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 13:47:29 »
Hey Boonjob Why do you have a 3 day mark. The water should be good for awhile.My water usually sits for a couple of nights before going into the tank. A couple things to consider would be keeping it closed and kept in a dark place.You don't want anything to get into it. Something bad falls in and breaks down into ammonia. Then your just putting dirty water in your tank. I like keeping mine closed to help with evaporation also. If its dark I don't get any algae. Also you need to bring it to the proper temp and aerate the water before you do your change this balances the pH by either releasing or absorbing CO2, and raises the ORP which may have a good effect. Not to mention it is helpful or the fish and corals too.

It really is just something I do personally, but to list the reasons...

All my water is made in the same barrels you bought from me, and stored in sealed containers that are not hit by much to no light at all(stored in a basement). I allow all the water to circulate/aerate/stabilize PH/ and heat up over 24hrs before even considering putting it in any containers or tanks.

Now the reasons I don't allow the water to sit for more than 3 days; The major one is the longer I let it sit the more I am apt to neglect it, so I just keep myself on routine by setting a mark. I also have several people who I make water for, and most of them store their water for 6-7 days, so that leads to me making a fresh batch every 3-5 days(after calculating the time to allow the ro/di to make the water) so I only let it sit for no more than 3 days so that I can clean any cotainers or components that I see fit before the next batch. Also it is minimal, but storing the water for any longer would require more power/electricity, aswell as more hours on my equipment which I really dont see the need for. I am usually spot on with the amounts I make, and anything extra I just do a WC in my tank, however this time around I had over 80 gallons extra, so I used about 55 on my tank last night and have over 25 left.

I completely agree I could stretch it further but I have alot of people that I provide water too as it is and doing it this way has yet to yield any problems. and if it ain't broke I dont fix it ;P

Offline thepipbull

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2011, 14:11:41 »
that's cool I just didn't want you to waste it if you thought it was only good for 3 days. Being new to the hobby as we are I was just making sure someone didn't  tell you that or you might have read it somewhere. Anyways sounds like your on the right track.

Offline Boonjob

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2011, 14:43:47 »
Water is spoken for, Sorry for any that wanted it, If your are local and need water for changes in the future hit me up ;)