2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Donations for New Orleans Aquarium  (Read 4671 times)

Offline ohioreef

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Founding Member
Donations for New Orleans Aquarium
« on: May 19, 2006, 14:45:36 »
List what you can/are willing to donate here. Eric will be coordinating this with the CVRC's donations.

Thanks!!!

marinelife

Re: Donations for New Orleans Aquarium
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 14:53:23 »
I have forwarded what I have so far to CVRC and anyone else that has something just list it here or on MASO and we will get you on the list

Offline aquavista99

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 15:05:36 »
Since my SPS systems are less than a year old, I do not have frags to share at this time, however,  I will be making a cash donation instead  for the same cause at 
http://www.auduboninstitute.org.

marinelife

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 15:12:44 »
Cool good deal, that is a good idea for those without frags.
MASO will be covering any shipping cost that come about from this, We are still working out the details for the best way to get all the groups frags together to go down there. We already have several people on the list with several frags

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 15:18:06 »
It would seem silly to ship them to CVRC and then have them ship them on to New Orleans.

marinelife

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 15:21:13 »
yeah that is what I am thinking, at this point I will be shipping all the frags that the Aquarium picks from our list as something they need and shipping them myself. One of the ladies from CVRC goes down there sometimes so she may take them with her. Either way I will make sure they make it down there fast and healthy.

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2006, 15:27:10 »
Just let me know what you need and when you need it!! It'll be cool to say, "some of my frags are in a public aquarium!!!"

marinelife

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 15:35:48 »
heard that, it will be nice to know they are in the public view, plus we saved some wild colonies from getting pulled out of the ocean. I have a message into CVRC about a time frame.

marinelife

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 22:36:32 »
here is an update from http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=70a839b0fc535cc2dee29731404e91fa&postid=7401263#post7401263 :
I want to thank everyone for their help here but the Aquarium has contacted us in regards to being deluged with calls from individuals wanting to send money and corals to them now.

They have asked me to make it clear that they in no way are wanting anyone to send any coral AT THIS TIME as their systems are still in cycle and they can not hold any donations at this time.
They want us to send all the coral at one specified time, they appreciate the gestures of good will but if you wish to participate please do so through this forum only.

Also they want us to make sure that when the time comes that we only send coral. They are not soliciting any monetary donation through this project we are only dealing with a list of pledged corals at this time nothing more.

again PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE AQUARIUM OR SEND ANYTHING AT THIS TIME. WE WILL CONTACT YOU AFTER THE LIST IS APPROVED AND LET YOU KNOW WHAT THE AQUARIUM MAY WANT.

Please direct all questions on this project this forum and we will answer them as they come in.

Thank you,
Ron

marinelife

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2006, 23:59:13 »
Another little bit of information
Glad to have you all aboard on this project and appreciate the help and response we have gotten so far.

I have been asked by the aquarium to let everyone know that they are only wanting corals in this project and not money. They do not want anything sent until they approve the list of proposed corals for donation.

Any questions or coral pledges should be directed either to this forum: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/s...e=&pagenumber=2

or to myself, not the aquarium as they have been deluged with calls about it. This is a good will gesture that we came up with last year and is in no way solicited from the aquarium.

Thanks again,
Ron