2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: crystal flower pot???  (Read 1749 times)

Offline Chris

• Juvenile
crystal flower pot???
« on: April 18, 2013, 01:40:48 »
i saw it in gerber's the other day, really like it, is it a flower pot or something else???
when i got back there again its already sold.
anyone has any idea where can i get one like that??? ~~~any idea how much its gonna be???

Offline Neogenesis

Re: crystal flower pot???
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 08:17:25 »
Looks live a very very bleached goniopora.  They are tough enough to keep when healthy......I would think this one is near doomed.

Offline itsalifestyle

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 08:55:28 »
+1

Offline charlieweaver

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 10:07:14 »
Yeah that should look like this.

The big green on on the sand.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW

Offline Chris

• Juvenile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 02:18:11 »
Oh? Do u guys saying that, it should just be green, it showing a special color only because its not healthy?
I thought it is some special rare coral.

Offline Neogenesis

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 08:15:06 »
It's showing no color because it has released all it's zooanth somthing something somthing  "can't remember how to spell it" due to it being under too much light or not enough light for a a period of time.  That is the stuff that lets the coral convert light into the energy it needs to live and also what gives the coral it's color.  They can be brought back with care and they will develop color and zooanth somthing somthing something, and the coral could be healthy again, but the chances are very very slim.  Now put on top how tough it is to keep goniopora, and that piece is near doomed.

A good rule of thumb when looking to buy coral is, if it's white or "crystal", stay away, it's bleached and not healthy.  There are no white corals that we keep in our aquariums.

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 18:57:07 »
I would be a little hesitant to buy anything out of that tank. Look at all the aptasia in there. It only takes one spore to set of a lot of headaches. The goni is a goner. do not waste your money on it.
Chromiumlux