2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: 72 gallon bow fish tank  (Read 1153 times)

Offline thompson2224

• Fry
72 gallon bow fish tank
« on: February 10, 2014, 22:38:41 »
Is anyone or does anyone know of anyone who is selling a 72 gallon bow fish tank?  Im looking to upgrade my tank and this is the one Ive had my eye on for awhile. Trying to get it cheap to save money for the upgrade I have to make on my protein skimmer as well as equipment for a sump

Offline Learning_The_Hard_Way

• Adult
Re: 72 gallon bow fish tank
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 14:34:12 »
Becareful, with how long they sat without water as things dry out then could potenally fail later in time.  If its a cheap then you might get lucky, but then again it might cost you more in the long run dealing with all the BS.  Get one that has water if possible.  Also, if you going to grow corals, you never know what the tank inhabitents before were treated with (copper) or what was used to clean the tank, it can contiue to leach into your system over time.  If its a FOWLR then not that big of a deal.  BE CAREFUL and take your time and there are deals to be had.

Offline Miles

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 17:02:31 »
I've got one that my wife has been trying to make me get rid of. Its been sitting empty for a couple years, had it running at my old place. It's drilled with a corner overflow. No lid. I've got a PC fixture and some MHs I'd be willing to sell too.

Offline thompson2224

• Fry
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 19:07:39 »
Yeah I am taking my time and trying to find a good deal. I have til may to find one because thats when I would like to get it setup.Im going to start cycling the live rock and sand for it in march