2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Clownfish hatched  (Read 10459 times)

Offline itsalifestyle

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Clownfish hatched
« on: March 01, 2014, 01:58:00 »
So as some know last Friday we noticed snowflake clowns had laid eggs for first time we have had them for over 5 years and this is the first time we have seen eggs. Well they hatched tonight at 12:20 lights went off at 11:00 we collected them and moved them to a 2.5 gallon there are a few hundred now for the horrible part as we are running around in dark I feel somthing wet and slimy under my feet I look down and don't see anything thinking its a air house then I feel it again look down with light and it's the female clown I put her back in tank in little plastic box I have bta in thinking she done for she not moving we collect fry amanda looks up and she swimming around I don't have much hope but it's 1:56 and she still kicking and playing in bta which she has never seen well off to bed wish me luck

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
Re: Clownfish hatched
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 07:27:43 »
Man, glad they hatched and congrats on the fry. But man that sucks. I had one on my snowies jump. Heard clear I. The other room. Walked I've and seen her flopping. I thought the same thing, it's gone. Swam around all funny. Kind if floated. Didn't look good. That's as about 6 months ago, maybe longer. It came back fine. Hope this is the case with yours. Hope she pulls through.

Offline merlin3

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 09:09:14 »
If she is swimming around she will probably pull through.  Good luck with the babies as i think they are a little harder to raise than the cardinals.

Offline itsalifestyle

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 10:58:55 »
Well she still alive and so are some of the fry we lost some over the night think to much flow from bubbles but temp it holding about 81 which I was worried about so that's good ic it's going to be along road I have my doubts she lays eggs again after being stepped on twice so going to give it my all to keep these fry any suggestion would be great I'm trying to take some pics but not easy thing to do

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 11:04:49 »
Very cool on the fry but sorry about mom. Hopefully she will pull through and lay again.

Offline itsalifestyle

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 12:34:29 »

Offline Bucknutz

• OH-IO
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 14:57:36 »
Another beautiful thing with this hobby. Hopefully you have some make it and the mommy pulls through.

Offline airedalepups

• Fry
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2014, 16:36:07 »
Hopefully, she will recover!!   May the little ones survive, good luck!!!

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2014, 17:48:24 »
Congrats! you are a daddy.
Chromiumlux

Offline Mussin

• Adult
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 18:00:57 »
cool about the fry.  My clowns lay eggs all the time but ive yet to see fry they hatch at night and become free fish food.  I think these are going to hatch tonight or tomorrow night.   The eggs have a shinny look to them.

Offline itsalifestyle

• Adult
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2014, 01:41:16 »
Well just got home from supercross in Indy been worried all day about female and fry return home and appears everyone's happy  and alive that's a huge relief 

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2014, 08:12:19 »
Well just got home from supercross in Indy been worried all day about female and fry return home and appears everyone's happy  and alive that's a huge relief

Cool! If she's made it to this point, she's in the clear. Hat makes the experience that much more enjoyable.

Offline Travis8896

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2014, 11:09:30 »
That's awesome to hear I'm glad she pulled through!!
"Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo

Offline Blazinreef

• Adult
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2014, 11:16:03 »
Awesome.  If the fry pull through you will be ready to get rid of some about the time I am looking to start stocking my tank ;)
Firefighting:  How hard can it be?  You just put the wet stuff on the red stuff right?

57 Rimless SPS/LPS in the works

OLD:180g mixed reef, 60g sump, 2 30g frag tanks, 30g macro algae tank.  300g total system.

Offline itsalifestyle

• Adult
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2014, 22:04:48 »
Well today will be  2 days looks like they have grown some and bellies are really silver almost look chrome I'll try to get pic

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2014, 22:22:25 »
I take it they're eating?

Offline itsalifestyle

• Adult
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2014, 23:36:59 »
Yes there eating very well I actual just seen them eat a few ago when looking at them under magnify glass 

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2014, 23:40:19 »
That is cool. Do you have to separate them again? As some will grow faster than others? Sounds like you have a pretty good start.

Offline itsalifestyle

• Adult
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2014, 23:55:26 »
I'm not planning on separating them they all seem about the same size but a few plus I would worry about stress on them I have read there very fragile plus the first night I had air to high and lost a bunch do to it not willing to chance it.  I'm  doing water changes twice a day taking out 2 1/2 cups both time total of 5 cups a day on a 2 1/2 gallon and replacing with dt water keeping water at 81 degrees I also feed twice a day adding rotofiler  as needed and check levels atleast twice a day I was told its a lot of work I'm now seeing that but it's been fun so far watching them and learning

Offline itsalifestyle

• Adult
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2014, 23:59:27 »
Awesome.  If the fry pull through you will be ready to get rid of some about the time I am looking to start stocking my tank ;)

Well I hope I have some make it

Offline itsalifestyle

• Adult
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2014, 00:18:48 »

Sorry it's really hard to get pics with them darting around but you can see how dense I'm keeping the rotifer

Offline itsalifestyle

• Adult
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2014, 20:44:40 »

Day three everyone's still alive fry have really silver bellies today eating rotifer up I had two layers of white paper blocking light I pulled one today give them little more light

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2014, 20:48:52 »
This is so cool.

Offline itsalifestyle

• Adult
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2014, 20:53:53 »
Thanks we think so I just wish I could get better pics there growing fast

Offline Bucknutz

• OH-IO
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2014, 20:57:33 »
Congrats again! This is very exciting to follow along with.