2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Clownfish hatched  (Read 10572 times)

Offline Chris

• Juvenile
Re: Clownfish hatched
« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2014, 01:30:26 »
chris ive also been waiting to see what they are going to look like I have a couple of question one when is safe to move them to another tank and also when is a good time to add a foam filter or hot filter thanks im hope im not boring everyone to much

i dont think its boring any of us at all. it is so fun to see them grow everyday. especially with ur snowflakes, i never get a chance to raise any snowflakes.
about what u asked. i usually move mine when they r 4~6 weeks old.( I tried a couple of times. 100% survive rate). a sponge filter can be added after all the fish gets to metamorphosis. after 6 weeks power filter can be added. its better if u can move them to a grow out system after 6 weeks. ( more stable the water condition is, faster they will grow.) however, all these r really a metter of size not the age.
BTW, before moving them i personally keep brine shrimp in their tank 24/7 plus feeding them crush pellets morning and night. u wont get equal growth rate even if u feed them 6 times a day.

Offline itsalifestyle

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #101 on: March 20, 2014, 10:32:01 »
i dont think its boring any of us at all. it is so fun to see them grow everyday. especially with ur snowflakes, i never get a chance to raise any snowflakes.
about what u asked. i usually move mine when they r 4~6 weeks old.( I tried a couple of times. 100% survive rate). a sponge filter can be added after all the fish gets to metamorphosis. after 6 weeks power filter can be added. its better if u can move them to a grow out system after 6 weeks. ( more stable the water condition is, faster they will grow.) however, all these r really a metter of size not the age.
BTW, before moving them i personally keep brine shrimp in their tank 24/7 plus feeding them crush pellets morning and night. u wont get equal growth rate even if u feed them 6 times a day.

Thanks for the replay glad everyone's enjoying as much as we are I have been wanting to move them just so I can clean tank really well and get them a fresh clean home but I'll wait atleast another week so I don't worry about stress on them. I'm planning on adding a foam filter soon like this weekend but I will now wait on all to go though metamorphosis I still have two that haven't made the change I'm keeping baby brine in tank and feeding crushed pellets for awhile now everyone is doing great and seem to eat anything I put in tank I have been crushing flake food also we have a grow out system ready for them which is a 5 gal with power filter where they will live till get new frag tank built and plumbed into dt the 5 gal will give them a little more time to get used to heavier flow and grow some. I'm trying to keep water best I can doing 4 cup water changes three times a day now I started doing three over weekend I noticed algae on glass and bottom of tank I do wipe down and siphone out left over food   Each time thanks Chris for the help along the way one more question whats the best way to move babies when it's time net? Siphon? Catch in cup ? Thanks again

Offline itsalifestyle

• Adult
« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2014, 21:29:29 »
Day 20

Offline itsalifestyle

• Adult
« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2014, 19:30:26 »
Day 22 added a sponge filter and did some deep cleaning

Offline itsalifestyle

• Adult
« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2014, 12:09:52 »
Still from day 22 but best pics I've got so far

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2014, 14:58:27 »
Now they looking more like snowflakes. Very cool.

Offline itsalifestyle

• Adult
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2014, 15:31:03 »
Its nice to be able to see them from across the room rather then with a magnify glass 

Offline Chris

• Juvenile
« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2014, 21:38:42 »
Thanks for the replay glad everyone's enjoying as much as we are I have been wanting to move them just so I can clean tank really well and get them a fresh clean home but I'll wait atleast another week so I don't worry about stress on them. I'm planning on adding a foam filter soon like this weekend but I will now wait on all to go though metamorphosis I still have two that haven't made the change I'm keeping baby brine in tank and feeding crushed pellets for awhile now everyone is doing great and seem to eat anything I put in tank I have been crushing flake food also we have a grow out system ready for them which is a 5 gal with power filter where they will live till get new frag tank built and plumbed into dt the 5 gal will give them a little more time to get used to heavier flow and grow some. I'm trying to keep water best I can doing 4 cup water changes three times a day now I started doing three over weekend I noticed algae on glass and bottom of tank I do wipe down and siphone out left over food   Each time thanks Chris for the help along the way one more question whats the best way to move babies when it's time net? Siphon? Catch in cup ? Thanks again

i usually use a fish net and a half gallon container to move them. i put the container in water and use the net to chase them into the container. but as i said, they r super hardy. for me, even if i just catch them with net. the survive rate for the transfer is still 100%
i think your babies r growing faster then mine. it might be because u r doing water change everyday, and i only do it every 3~4 days.

Offline itsalifestyle

• Adult
« Reply #108 on: March 25, 2014, 15:15:40 »
Day 22 added small foam filter
Day 24 lost one today not sure why think its about time for a move to a cleaner and larger tank look there huge ha ha

Day 25

Offline Chris

• Juvenile
« Reply #109 on: March 25, 2014, 15:56:27 »
wow! I will buy the big one at the front.
How is ur third batch going?

Offline itsalifestyle

• Adult
« Reply #110 on: March 25, 2014, 16:06:34 »
Third hatch should be tomorrow night but I also haven't looked at eggs for two days I will give details when they hatch

Offline itsalifestyle

• Adult
« Reply #111 on: March 28, 2014, 10:20:51 »
ok fry hatched last night about 45 min after lights went out they hatched on the 8th night this time I collected 99% other then the ones who became dinner to the cardinals as of this morning everyones seem to have made it and doing well but only time will tell i think im  going to hold off on starting water changes till tomorrow give them a day of rest and get some what stable. so the first month ive had three hatches today marks 1 month for my babys who are still growing really fast and eating well ill update with pics tonight

Offline Chris

• Juvenile
« Reply #112 on: March 28, 2014, 19:24:52 »
How many babies this time? Did u use ur DIY fry collector to catch them?

Offline itsalifestyle

• Adult
« Reply #113 on: March 28, 2014, 21:37:36 »
Day 28

It's been a month seems really fast I did move them to the 5 gal tonight used a cup to catch them. The fry from last night are doing great a few died but have a ton no clue on a ## I did use the catcher for the third time it works pretty good but still need to siphone a bunch but still worth it I also painted the fry tank this time forgot to mention that the paper was a pain

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #114 on: March 28, 2014, 22:02:05 »
You have me wanting a couple of them.

Offline Chris

• Juvenile
« Reply #115 on: April 01, 2014, 02:34:22 »
How many precent of them r snowflake, how many r just ocellaris?

Offline marineman

• Adult
    • My website
« Reply #116 on: April 01, 2014, 17:15:41 »
Please stop posting! Was wanting to sell my 28 nano, and this is making me want to keep it for a hatchery! FML!

Seriously though, very cool!

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #117 on: April 01, 2014, 18:06:15 »
Please stop posting! Was wanting to sell my 28 nano, and this is making me want to keep it for a hatchery! FML!

Seriously though, very cool!

Lol. Feeding the addiction.

Offline ReeferMadness

• Juvenile
« Reply #118 on: April 03, 2014, 00:44:01 »
I ordered a clown tonight but changed my mind at the last minute cause my daughter was driving me nuts with "Nemo" but now I want one! Or 5!!

Sent from my ADR8995 using Tapatalk 2

Offline itsalifestyle

• Adult
« Reply #119 on: April 11, 2014, 11:08:42 »
Sorry everyone lifes been crazy past few weeks clowns are doing great there 6 weeks old today
How many precent of them r snowflake, how many r just ocellaris?
I was thinking it would be 50 % but they keep changing think I only have three ocellaris rest are snowflakes

Offline Chris

• Juvenile
« Reply #120 on: April 11, 2014, 18:04:23 »
Sorry everyone lifes been crazy past few weeks clowns are doing great there 6 weeks old today  I was thinking it would be 50 % but they keep changing think I only have three ocellaris rest are snowflakes
Wow, that's great.
Not sure about my Picasso x onyx pair, how many offspring can become Picassos.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #121 on: April 11, 2014, 23:17:34 »
How many do you have now?

Offline itsalifestyle

• Adult
« Reply #122 on: April 18, 2014, 12:37:46 »
There's 13 of them left week 7 I can't seem to post pics now for some reason

Offline itsalifestyle

• Adult
« Reply #123 on: April 18, 2014, 16:05:49 »
Weeks 7

Offline Blazinreef

• Adult
« Reply #124 on: April 18, 2014, 16:15:44 »
WOW!!!  those are looking awesome.... We are timing this out just right...i'm going to be ready for a couple just when you are ready to get rid of them!!!!
Firefighting:  How hard can it be?  You just put the wet stuff on the red stuff right?

57 Rimless SPS/LPS in the works

OLD:180g mixed reef, 60g sump, 2 30g frag tanks, 30g macro algae tank.  300g total system.