2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Why Me?!?  (Read 978 times)

Offline ohioreef

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Founding Member
Why Me?!?
« on: July 21, 2007, 22:44:01 »
Murphy got me again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were out checking the trailer/truck set-up and I had Little Gary pressing the brakes for me. He's yells at me, "Dad, is it supposed to do this?" I get in and the pedal goes to the floor and you can hear distinct "psssst" every time you press the pedal. I crawl under the truck and sure enough I've blown a brake line!!!

So Gary and I end up making a mad dash to get it torn apart and to Auto Zone to get the parts we need and get it all fixed tonight.

I'm proud to say that we made it!! Unfortunately brake line does not come pre-bent so I had to bend the new line. Doesn't look the best, but it does work.

If nothing else happens, we leave tomorrow morning at 0800!!!

mhhauser321

Re: Why Me?!?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 00:03:34 »
Your luck is pretty bad this month. I wish you the best and try not to think about it.

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 01:32:43 »
Good luck Gary!  I can relate to some of your feelings. ;)  I hope you have an enjoyable safe trip! 

Offline verper

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 10:44:49 »
Maybe you should thank Murphy for the inconvenience.   Better the brake line failed sitting in your driveway than getting off of the highway.  :o  Good luck on the rest of your trip.

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 20:16:13 »
Maybe you should thank Murphy for the inconvenience.   Better the brake line failed sitting in your driveway than getting off of the highway.  :o  Good luck on the rest of your trip.

Very good point Scott!  That is many times the case. We just fail to see it sometimes. 

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 16:30:27 »
Maybe you should thank Murphy for the inconvenience.   Better the brake line failed sitting in your driveway than getting off of the highway.  :o  Good luck on the rest of your trip.

I thought of that, and I am thankful for that.

No surprises on the way down!!

Offline Secondgen

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 18:07:40 »
I agree we always have something to be thankful for. :angel: