2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: I really hope I'm being over paranoid.......  (Read 1774 times)

Offline Reef Tank 2.0

• Adult
  • Shawn
I really hope I'm being over paranoid.......
« on: February 09, 2017, 13:04:52 »
I hope that I am being over paranoid about this but I tend to think I'm not.

I woke this morning to take a quick glance at my tank before leaving the house.  My starry blenny was perched on the rock scoping things out. I got close to the tank and saw him move his eye.  As he moved the eye, I saw a very small hazy spot on his eye.  Not covering his whole eye, but just a small portion.

Not sure if I should jump the gun and start removing all fish to a QT, or see if it happens to get worse.  I have no clue how to handle this.

What if I currently have fish in the QT?  I can't add an effected fish in with them, right?  I've got another 4 weeks before they come out of QT

I can't get a picture of this since it's so small and he moves too much.  I will check him out tonight when the lights are on, and it's feeding time.  That way I can get a better view of both eyes.  As of right now, I only saw the spot on one of his eyes.

Offline Miles

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Re: I really hope I'm being over paranoid.......
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 14:13:30 »
Calm down... take a deep breath...

It could just be an abrasion that will heal on its own.
But to be safe you probably do want to QT it and treat it with an anti-bacterial/fungal medication.
What do you currently have in QT, are you just observing them or treating them? Ideally you would want to set up a separate QT,  as to prevent to spread of anything that it might have.

Honestly, I would probably just keep an eye on it and not take action unless it gets worse in the next few days.

Offline Reef Tank 2.0

• Adult
  • Shawn
Re: I really hope I'm being over paranoid.......
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 14:25:57 »
The existing QT tank has new inmates I just got (tomini and ugly ass PJ cardinals :) )

I'll report back tonight once lights are on and it's feeding time.  He's out and about, and very active at that time.