2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Complete setup for sale  (Read 4786 times)

wayne

Complete setup for sale
« on: November 14, 2007, 16:30:41 »
Complete 46 gallon bow front setup for sale.  Mature system, been up for at least 2.5 yrs.  Here are some pictures, taken today:

This setup includes everything in the pictures above:
46 gallon bow front with diy overflow (1" drain, 2 1" u-tubes) estimate doing about 400gph
60 gallon remote sump/refuge (refuge has about 30lbs of live sand, live rock rubble, chaeto, grape caulerpa)
2 seio m820s
3 maxijet 1200s (moded to do ~500gph) on wavetimer
3-4" sand bed with aragonite, some crushed coral in the display (approx 4 yr old sand bed)
~75lbs live rock
mex. turbo snails, cleaner shrimp, astrea, cerith, red & blue legged hermits
various zoanthids, mushrooms, xenia, some type of acropora, polyps, plate coral
2 rock/flower anemones
1 tomato clowns, 1 blue damsel, small yellow tang, 1 domino damsel, 1 lawn mower blenny, 1 red brittle star, plenty of other critters
remora pro skimmer with mag7
chaeto/grape caulerpa in the sump, lit 24/7 with a 2 ge plant bulbs
2x96W PC in a Current orbit hood (1 cooling fan, 3 moon lights).  1 ballast is bad and needs to be replaced, would cost about $30 for a new ballast.
1 150W MH light with a 6 mos old bulb (shown in pictures above)
Various test equipment (including a refractometer, TDS meter) test kits
Misc. tubing pieces, etc., extra powerheads, heaters, etc.
1 cube tank
1 home made sump, holds about 30 gallons (shown in pictures above with the cube tank)

I'll help break down everything and load it, you supply transportation.
I want to sell everything as a complete package.  Reason I'm selling:  taking too much time and resources from family and rest of family has lost interest.   :'(

I'm asking $600 for everything, or best offer.

PM me if interested.  Leave a phone number and I'll call you.

Wayne

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
Re: Complete setup for sale
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 21:45:11 »
Sorry to hear you are getting out of the hobby Wayne. 

wayne

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 06:49:06 »
Micki - Thank you.

I'm lowering the price to $500.

Wayne

wayne

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 09:35:59 »
I forgot to mention, the stand for the tank is, of course, included.  Also, a complete ro/di water filter (needs new cartridges) system (~70 gallons/day).  The system also has a functioning auto topoff system (holds ~4 gallons).  Also included is a about 3lbs of IO salt.  If you're setting up for the first time, everything you need plus some is here.

Wayne

Offline satch12

• Fry
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 20:37:51 »
hey wayne i know you dont want to part out but i just set a nano up and just need a peice or two of LR and was wondering if there was any way you could do that...i would of sent you a PM but i cant... just let me know

thanks ryan

wayne

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 18:40:51 »
Special offer (kinda):  If you purchase the entire system this evening (Nov 18) or early tomorrow, I can deliver the system tomorrow as long as it's not tool late in the evening.  We would have to work out the details quickly, but you can come see the system as it is, help me tear down if you want, and help me load it.  I will take it anywhere within a 25 mile radius of Huber Heights, and unload it (with your help).  You would be responsible for setting up as you want it.  I have about 20 gallons of freshly made salt water ready to use if you have a way to carry it (clean water jugs).  Otherwise, you need somewhere to put the fish and corals until you get the system setup.  I have 3 large buckets to put them in for transport.

I will be out of town Tuesday-Saturday this week, if anyone replies during that time, I'm not ignoring you!  I'll get back to you when I get back.

Wayne

wayne

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2007, 18:08:14 »
I'm willing to part out the items.  Make me a reasonable offer on any and all items and we'll work out a deal.  Purchaser must pick up.  I'd (obviously) like to find a good home for the fish and critters first, so please consider them!  PM me with any questions, offers.  If you want to talk, I'll PM you my phone number/address.

Wayne

Offline ohioreef

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Founding Member
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2007, 18:12:51 »
PM sent ref Seios.

wayne

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2007, 15:59:24 »
If anyone is interested in the complete setup (minus the seios and the maxijets, they are spoken for), make me an offer.  If you have questions or need more pictures, call me at 237-1798.

Wayne

wayne

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2007, 12:35:28 »
The Seios, the maxijets with wavetimer, the skimmer with mag7, the TDS meter and 2 pieces of liverock are spoken for. 

The remaining items:
46 gallon bow front with diy overflow (1" drain, 2 1" u-tubes) estimate doing about 400gph
Wood stand for above (see pictures above)
60 gallon remote sump/refuge (refuge has about 30lbs of live sand, live rock rubble, chaeto, grape caulerpa)
3-4" sand bed with aragonite, some crushed coral in the display (approx 4 yr old sand bed)
~60lbs live rock
mex. turbo snails, cleaner shrimp, astrea, cerith, red & blue legged hermits
various zoanthids, mushrooms, xenia, some type of acropora, polyps
2 rock/flower anemones
1 tomato clowns, 1 blue damsel, small yellow tang, 1 domino damsel, 1 lawn mower blenny, 1 red brittle star, plenty of other critters
2x96W PC in a Current orbit hood (1 cooling fan, 3 moon lights).  1 ballast is bad and needs to be replaced, would cost about $30 for a new ballast.
1 150W MH light with a 6 mos old bulb (shown in pictures above)
Various test equipment: refractometer, test kits
Misc. tubing pieces, etc., extra powerheads, mag 5, mag 7, heaters, etc.
1 cube tank (~18gallon)
1 home made sump, holds about 30 gallons (shown in pictures above with the cube tank)
Auto topoff system (2 float sensors, 3-4 gallon holding tank, pump and tubing)
Water filter system (filter direct, ro/di, 6 stage), needs new filters and di media

I want to sell everything as a complete package.  Reason I'm selling:  taking too much time and resources from family and rest of family has lost interest.   

I'm asking $300 for all remaining items, or best offer.

PM me or call me at 237-1798 if interested.  Leave a phone number and I'll call you.

Wayne

wayne

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2007, 10:43:12 »
Me again -

46 gallon bow front with diy overflow (1" drain, 2 1" u-tubes) estimate doing about 400gph, includes wood stand: $60

~60lbs live rock (with various corals, coralline algae, mushrooms, etc. on them): $30

Sand bed with aragonite, some crushed coral in the display (approx 4 yr old sand bed), covers bottom of 46 gallon tank to 2-3"): $10

60 gallon remote sump/refuge (this is a 60 gallon long tank with glass dividers installed) (refuge has about 30lbs of live sand, live rock rubble, chaeto, grape caulerpa): $30

*** mex. turbo snails, cleaner shrimp, astrea, cerith, red & blue legged hermits: Free to good home
*** 1 tomato clowns, 1 blue damsel, small yellow tang, 1 domino damsel, 1 lawn mower blenny, 1 red brittle star, plenty of other critters: Free to good home

2x96W PC in a Current orbit hood (1 cooling fan, 3 moon lights).  1 ballast is bad and needs to be replaced, would cost about $30 for a new ballast.: $30

1 150W MH (double-ended HQI) light with a 6 mos old bulb (shown in pictures above) w/ ballast: $70

Various test equipment and chemicals: refractometer, test kits, 2 bags epsom salt, 2 containers of pickling lime, iron additive: $20

Misc. tubing pieces (~25' 2" pvc, and other misc pieces), etc., extra powerheads, 1 mag 5, 1 mag 7, heaters, etc.: $40

1 cube tank (~18gallon): $10

1 home made sump, holds about 30 gallons (shown in pictures above with the cube tank): $10

Auto topoff system (2 float sensors, 3-4 gallon holding tank, pump and tubing): $10

Water filter system (filter direct, ro/di, 6 stage), needs new filters and di media: $30

These are not firm prices, make an offer.

PM me or call me at 237-1798 if interested.  Leave a phone number and I'll call you.

Wayne

Offline Secondgen

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 16:31:24 »
I would be interested in giving your livestock a new home. Please let me know if they are still available. Thanks again, and God bless.

wayne

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2007, 16:04:36 »
As I was cleaning, I found a few more items that someone might be interested in:

1 brand new, never used, maxijet 1200, still in box  $10
SCWD (wavemaker), used about 6 months  $15
Prizm skimmer $15

Wayne

wayne

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2007, 18:20:53 »
What I have left:

46 gallon bow front with diy overflow (1" drain, 2 1" u-tubes) estimate doing about 400gph, includes wood stand: $60

60 gallon remote sump/refuge (this is a 60 gallon long tank with glass dividers installed) (refuge has about 30lbs of live sand, live rock rubble, chaeto, grape caulerpa): $30

Misc. tubing pieces (~25' 2" pvc, and other misc pieces), etc., extra powerheads, 1 mag 3, 1 mag 7, heaters, etc.: $40

1 home made sump, holds about 30 gallons (shown in pictures above with the cube tank): $10

Water filter system (filter direct, ro/di, 6 stage), needs new filters and di media: $30

Wayne

Offline Secondgen

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2007, 20:45:40 »
Thanks alot Wayne. I would have liked to bought it all. ;D I have officially joined the MH crew. ::)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 20:57:30 by Secondgen »

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2007, 21:14:19 »
Cool!  Congrats Dave!  :)

wayne

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2007, 08:45:21 »
Items left for sale:

46 gallon glass bow front tank with wood stand

DIY 2 u-tube overflow, capable of over 400 gph flow, fits on above tank

60 gallon glass, long, tank (used as sump/refuge, has glass dividers installed)

~30lbs of live sand, large quantity of mixed macro algae, ~15lbs live rock (big and small pieces) currently in the sump

New, never used, maxijet 1200 power head, still in box with all accessories

mag 3 pump
mag 5 pump (modified to same flow rate as mag 7 by changing the impeller, still have the mag 5 impeller)

prizm skimmer

You can have all of the above for $120.  If you don't want the sand/rock but do want the tank/sump, let me know.  I'll empty it out for you.  I can deliver up to 25 miles, no added cost.  Call (237-1798) or pm me if interested.

Wayne

wayne

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2007, 07:29:45 »
Thanks alot Wayne. I would have liked to bought it all. ;D I have officially joined the MH crew. ::)

You're welcome.  I hope everything is working as expected.

Wayne

wayne

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2007, 07:32:47 »
All items are gone now  :'(

Thanks to all that provided the fish new homes and made the purchases.

Wayne

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2007, 08:04:03 »
Hopefully nother time...   :)

MechanicalEngineer

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2007, 16:28:53 »
Thanks for everything!  Sorry for your lose though.  With 3 maxijet 1200's...plus about 4 other powerheads in my 40g, I think I finally have *enough* flow.  Any more, and I think my tank with have liftoff.   ::)

Offline Secondgen

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2007, 16:40:30 »
Thank you Wayne, the light works great, and the fish are doing well.

2lowkey

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2007, 22:46:54 »
I am definitely Interested.   I will take whatever you have left.  Feel free to call me direct as I am not on the computer often.  Ken Williams 937-307-1756

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2007, 07:50:10 »
I believe everything is sold.

Not sure what you are wanting, but, Joel from Aquariums etc. (one of our sponsors) usually has used equipment at good prices. You might want to check with him. 
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 07:54:13 by micki »

Offline reef newbie

• Fry
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2009, 08:11:30 »
nice setup