2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: buffer kit for acrylic?  (Read 3911 times)

Offline Hunter21

• Adult
buffer kit for acrylic?
« on: June 23, 2006, 15:40:18 »
ok, well things have changed and looks like it's smooth sailing now, so we're keeping this house and I get to finally start up my big 240! BUT, first I need to get a buffering kit to get the minor scratches out of the acrylic! Any suggestions on a really good kit??  ;D all advice and suggestions are VERY appreciated! Thank you!
Erin

Offline Slicktrax

Re: buffer kit for acrylic?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 16:08:17 »
That one guy who used to be on all the time......

Offline Hunter21

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 16:12:51 »
hmm, what size tank did you use it on? also if I were to get it, how many do you think I would need?
Erin

Offline Slicktrax

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 16:33:36 »
it all depends on how many scratches you want to repair.  i fixed several large scratches on my 300.  in all i think i buffed maybe 3 or 4 square feet on my tank.  it is all done by hand.  if you need to do the entire tank, you will want to search rc for some threads on how to use power tools.

Offline Hunter21

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 16:39:04 »
well the scratches are pretty minor, not very many and don't need to buff the whole tank, just one small side and a little on the front and Back! since our camera finally appeared and we broke down and bought a battery charger, I'll get pics up ASAP! so I can stop holding back on the secret stuff!  ;D
Erin

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 16:41:26 »
well the scratches are pretty minor, not very many and don't need to buff the whole tank, just one small side and a little on the front and Back! since our camera finally appeared and we broke down and bought a battery charger, I'll get pics up ASAP! so I can stop holding back on the secret stuff!  ;D
  Bout Time!  ;) 

just kidding...  :)

Offline Slicktrax

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 16:55:15 »
one kit should be plenty then