2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Need Some Loaner Lights  (Read 1195 times)

Offline xXTheWendigoXx

• Adult
Need Some Loaner Lights
« on: July 25, 2008, 21:10:59 »
So in the latest aspect of my moving saga, I've FINALLY gotten the tank setup (with infinite thanks to Joel over at AQ Etc.), and now the fan in the lighting fixture I bought (it came used along with the tank) has burnt out and the fixture overheated. I'm going to go to a professional to get it fixed, but in the meantime, I didn't think to bring my clamp on HQI as backup (everything was working when I left), and after I take the Praxis tomorrow, I have to head back up north until the official moving day on Tuesday which seems a little long to leave everything with nothing but some indirect sunlight if I open the blinds.
Long story short, anyone have a spare fixture or light they would be willing to loan me until then? I would be willing to trade some livestock/equipment/cash in exchange. It's a 92g corner so the dimensions are tricky, the fixture I have is a 24" Any help in sorting out what I sorely hope is the last moving drama is greatly appreciated in advance.

slandis3

Re: Need Some Loaner Lights
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 21:25:08 »
I have a spare 175w ballast. maybe someone has a sapre socket and bulb. If so i let me know.

Offline Amstar

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 22:11:49 »
I have a spare 24 inch light power compact that is 65 watt 12k bulb, and a 65 watt actinic and lunar lights, and built in fans. I think it is an odyesse??   I know thats not alot of light, but it might be able to get you by.

Offline Riderc82

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 13:43:32 »
I have a spare SE 175 watt halide lamp you are more and welcome to have it's an E-bay bulb but they have worked fine for me.  I wish I had a spare socket but I don't.  I live about 15 minutes from Aquariums Etc..

Offline xXTheWendigoXx

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 18:38:08 »
Thank you everyone for your replies! Amstar, yours seems the most ready to go at the moment, where do you live?

Offline Amstar

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 10:40:54 »
kettering Ohio.  about 15 minutes from Joel.