2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Frag Swaps  (Read 9074 times)

Offline verper

Frag Swaps
« on: October 08, 2008, 20:01:08 »
As mentioned in another thread, there are two regional frag swaps coming up.

CincyReef (Cincinnati) is hosting one on Oct 18th   http://www.cincyreef.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=12124

CORA (Columbus) is hosting on Nov 1st   http://www.corareef.org/forum/

Some trading, buying, selling is done on FragSwapper  http://www.fragswapper.com/default.asp
Sign up and register for each event you are interested in and then request an item if you want it.  It will be put on hold for you.  Some FragSwapper rules of the game - http://www.corareef.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5983

quicksilver

Re: Frag Swaps
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 20:36:06 »
swing by and get me I would like to catch a ride might find somthign to take with me.

Midwest Express

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 20:37:59 »
I can't make the cincy swap, but I can make CORA.  I am in Springfield so if anyone can pick me up or wants to ride along with me... you are all more than welcome.  I can fit 3 to 4 more in my car other then me.

MechanicalEngineer

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 21:56:42 »
Will and I will be attending both days.  I'll have my stuff up on Fragswapper in a couple of days.

Offline Amstar

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 22:12:21 »
whatca selling?? 

so is this cincy thing a big deal?

Lost Floridian

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 23:03:49 »
Will and I will be attending both days. 

umm, ok i guess

MechanicalEngineer

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 23:09:01 »
I hate you.

MechanicalEngineer

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 23:09:20 »
You're going...like it or not.

Offline Revaltion131

• Adult
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 23:58:54 »
I was planning on going to both.  However, we got tickets to a couple of MSU football games (in E. Lansing) so our plans changed.  If we don't go to the game on Nov. 1, I will try to see if anyone is interested in carpooling.  My car is roomy and has great gas mileage so I would not mind driving people if our plans change.

Offline MSUJenn

• Juvenile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2008, 08:19:05 »
I'm planning on attending both too. Hey, do we have another Spartan fan on the boards?

Offline Joel

• Adult
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 14:29:18 »
You're going...like it or not.

Is there really any point in him going? last year at the cora swap, Will mysteriously disappeared for most of it and re appeared at the end.

Hey, remember that girl at the cora swap? I'm thinking about going now.....

Offline Revaltion131

• Adult
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2008, 14:40:06 »
I'm planning on attending both too. Hey, do we have another Spartan fan on the boards?

And proud of it!   :D  My family's from western Michigan, dad went to MSU, I'm hoping to be able to transfer up there next fall to finish school and my little brother is also considering it right now.  I finally got an appointment with an advisor for the program I'm looking at and since it's during football season, we went the extra mile to get tickets.  Only bad part is that the two games we got them to are the dates of the frag swaps.

quicksilver

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2008, 15:01:36 »
Um does any one see a problem with michigan fans in ohio??? I am not sure but why move to ohio if you like michigan so much.  :withstupid   you know  I am just kidding I am a florida fan.  ;D

Offline MSUJenn

• Juvenile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2008, 15:05:05 »
I hate Michigan.  I went to Michigan State.

MechanicalEngineer

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2008, 15:10:34 »
Is there really any point in him going? last year at the cora swap, Will mysteriously disappeared for most of it and re appeared at the end.

Hey, remember that girl at the cora swap? I'm thinking about going now.....

Hehehe.  I think you mean, "remember that coral at the CORA swap?"  C'mon, we don't want to get the boys in trouble.  Yeah, Will still swears he was "outside on the phone." 

Offline gthorpe2

• Adult
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2008, 23:44:36 »
I'm going to Cincyreef Frag Swap but not CORA.  These events are too close to one another and I won't have money for both of them.  Maybe next year one can be in the beginning of Summer and one at the end...?

MechanicalEngineer

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2008, 06:34:57 »
Hehehehe...gthorpe2...you're silly.  :)  CORA and CincyReef have a long history of battling over the dates. 

Indy and C-Sea have their frag swaps in the spring...and Cincy and CORA have theirs in the fall.

apelaston

sps
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2008, 22:09:03 »
Is a montipora digitata a hardy sps coral? i have a monti cap doing well in my tank and want to pick up another frag but not a cap to see how it does under my tanks conditions. . . i saw a cool lavendar one listed on fragswapper.com i also will b adding a kalk reactor in the next week or 2. . am going 2 b using slandiss diy. . . well least my step dad is going to be haha. .    i am looking for heardy colorful and a fast grower if possible. . . .

Offline Revaltion131

• Adult
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2008, 23:27:57 »
Bird's Nest is a great, easy SPS that grows like a weed, compared to other SPS.  There is a variety of color options available for great prices.  Monti Digitatas would also do well.  I think the encrusting type (often listeded as Rainbow, Pokestar, Superman, and so on) is probably okay too.  The big question is what your lighting is. 

apelaston

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2008, 00:11:41 »
I am running 4x65 pcs on my 55 gal . i got more lr and scaped a spot like a tower so the frags will b up high in my tank . my orange monti cap is bout midway ish. . . .still bright in color and appears 2 b healthy after bout 4 months. . i was thinking birds nest as well from my researching and also love the look.

Offline verper

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2008, 05:37:49 »
Digitata is easy to keep and will be fine in your tank.  Just watch the coloring on Fragswapper as many of those pictures are taken under actinic lighting to give the coral more vivid coloring.  Coral may look different under daylight bulbs.

Offline MSUJenn

• Juvenile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2008, 07:56:08 »
apelaston- I have some brown m. digitata frags if you want them. You can have them. I bought them at a frag swap, and they looked purplish/red under the lights the guy had them under. They're not colorful, but if you want something free and easy to start with, they're yours.

apelaston

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2008, 10:21:14 »
Thanks jen if i am coming ur way i will let u know.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2008, 10:24:04 »
Just curious, do club members have name tags or anything to identify at the swap they are Ohio Reef members. I would like to meet some of you to put a face to the name.

slandis3

Re: sps
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2008, 12:14:48 »
Is a montipora digitata a hardy sps coral? i have a monti cap doing well in my tank and want to pick up another frag but not a cap to see how it does under my tanks conditions. . . i saw a cool lavendar one listed on fragswapper.com i also will b adding a kalk reactor in the next week or 2. . am going 2 b using slandiss diy. . . well least my step dad is going to be haha. .    i am looking for heardy colorful and a fast grower if possible. . . .

i will be fragging my purple digitata this weekend. if your interested in a piece let me know.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 08:25:30 by slandis3 »