2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: to whoam it may concern  (Read 2165 times)

amber

to whoam it may concern
« on: April 07, 2009, 15:45:34 »
i was just letting everyone know that not everybody is honest and if you let your guard down you can easily be taken advantage of for those of you who read the post there are some dishonest people willing to take advantage of people in our area are with the same interests just be cautious when dealing with others

Offline larrynews

Re: to whoam it may concern
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 15:53:25 »
report them to a board member and then maybe something can be done?

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 16:00:42 »
Please pm this information on to a moderator or one of the board members.   

Offline Amstar

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 16:17:33 »
agree we do not need that in this club.

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 17:06:00 »
I do not believe that it is the mods or officers responsibilities to mediate transactions between private individuals. As with any private purchase, you need to do your homework and look over whatever it is you are buying before you purchase it. Unfortunately there will always be people that are less than honest in their evaluation of what they are selling. Keep in mind also, what one person thinks is "excellent shape" may be another person's "fair shape."

As far as posting experiences here, I do not believe anyone would have a problem with someone posting the facts of a transaction. Keep opinions and name calling out of your post and you should be fine. Please also make sure you have exhausted all attempts at an amicable resolution before posting a negative experience. So often a simple mistake or misunderstanding becomes a big deal when it could have been remedied if both parties had simply talked to one another.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 17:16:01 by ohioreef »

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 17:18:32 »
I wonder if a buyer/seller feedback forum would be valid or would it get too personal?
Jeff

Offline reefman

• Adult
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 17:32:12 »
Maybe a user feedback area to post issue with sales so both sides can tell their stories so we know who to buy from and who not to.

Offline verper

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 18:32:37 »
I do not believe that it is the mods or officers responsibilities to mediate transactions between private individuals. As with any private purchase, you need to do your homework and look over whatever it is you are buying before you purchase it. Unfortunately there will always be people that are less than honest in their evaluation of what they are selling. Keep in mind also, what one person thinks is "excellent shape" may be another person's "fair shape."

As far as posting experiences here, I do not believe anyone would have a problem with someone posting the facts of a transaction. Keep opinions and name calling out of your post and you should be fine. Please also make sure you have exhausted all attempts at an amicable resolution before posting a negative experience. So often a simple mistake or misunderstanding becomes a big deal when it could have been remedied if both parties had simply talked to one another.

Agreed.

Offline larrynews

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 19:10:41 »
unless it happens several times then it should be handled by removing the person.
i thank you for the heads up.

Offline Joel

• Adult
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 21:20:02 »
i was just letting everyone know that not everybody is honest and if you let your guard down you can easily be taken advantage of for those of you who read the post there are some dishonest people willing to take advantage of people in our area are with the same interests just be cautious when dealing with others

I am confused by this post.

I think is a given that there are dishonest people in our area that are willing to take advantage of others and we all need to be cautious when dealing with others - unfortunately, that's life.

With this vague of a statement made though, I'm not sure what was accomplished or what you expected to be accomplished.

If you were genuinely wronged by someone and want to call them out & truly protect others from this person or business, I think you need to be much more specific about who and what happened.

Also consider that this forum may not be the appropriate place for this matter to be disputed and that it is not the club board members or moderators responsibility to litigate personal matters.

I do understand what it feels like when I have been wronged by someone and hope your situation turns out well. If we as a club have a problem person to be concerned about, reporting it would be appreciated by most I am sure including myself, I would just suggest that you be thoughtful of how you peruse this issue. I Hope this gets resolved in a favorable manor for you.

Joel